IPC-Color4K-T IVS/ONVIF Problem

roymickton

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have two cameras from EmpireTech.

IPC-Color4K-T
IPC-T5442T-ZE

The 5442 works flawlessly, IVS setup, sends events to BI - everything perfect.

Color4K has never worked with regards to IVS since I got it. It's always bugged me but as I was using Code project.AI with BI it wasn't a big problem.

I've just had a few days off from work so thought I'd try tackle it again.

I did a hard reset 3 times using the button under the SD-Card cover. I set up the camera using Config Tool.

I setup a IVS rule similar to my 5442 IVS rule and watched the events coming from the Color4K using ONVIF device manager. Absolutely nothing shows up like it does on my 5442.

I then went to Empires firmware page and uploaded to the newest firmware. Reset 3 times, setup IVS and monitored. Absolutely nothing again.

I'm at a complete loss with this camera now. I just don't understand why no IVS rules appear on the ONVIF device manager.

I've tried setting up all the different IVS rules but nothing ever appears.

The only events that work on the Color4K is the MD, and these appear on the ONVIF device manager as expected.

I'm using IE, no firewall rules blocking anything.

@EMPIRETECANDY - do you have any other firmwares I can try please?

I don't see any other evidence from other Color4K users that they have a similar problem so I'm guessing this is either a bad unit or something else.

I wish I'd of bought another 5442T now, based on my flawless experience of this camera.

Can I SSH into the camera and see if anything gives me any clues? I'm all out of ideas now.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Let's start with the obvious - Did you setup Smart Plan for IVS in the camera? Have you done a find/inspect in BI after setting up IVS triggers and have you made sure that the "Get ONVIF Triggers" and "Use External" or "Cameras digital input"boxes or something like that under Motion in BI are checked?

Post screenshots of your settings in the camera and BI.

Last edited:

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@roymickton 1 datapoint, I have 3 IPC-Color4K-T, each with IVS rules and they work with BI5. For these cameras, I do not need to use CP.AI.

You should see the IVS rules visible in the camera Live view. I assume you have confirmed that they flash in live view when triggered?

roymickton

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@roymickton 1 datapoint, I have 3 IPC-Color4K-T, each with IVS rules and they work with BI5. For these cameras, I do not need to use CP.AI.

You should see the IVS rules visible in the camera Live view. I assume you have confirmed that they flash in live view when triggered?
No, mine never flash. I really don't think this is anything to do with BI. I think there is something very broken with my IVS.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@roymickton At the moment, I qgree, it's not BI5 config issue. Fix your IVS config first. Try to make it flash in live view. Increase your sensitivity. Enable Cross with Both directionIVS.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Screenshots attached.
That is a pretty small intrusion box and the camera a little high and awkward tilted. Not exactly the field of view AI was developed on. Check the cross box too.

Consider making it larger and/or trying tripwire in a zigzag fashion.

Last edited:

roymickton

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sensitivity 10 for everything, both directions. Box is cross and appear.

Nothing flashes at all.

Darn!

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is a tough field of view.

Are you on default/auto settings for things like brightness, shutter, etc? That makes a difference if you haven't dialed it in.

roymickton

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It is a tough field of view.

Are you on default/auto settings for things like brightness, shutter, etc? That makes a difference if you haven't dialed it in.
I was guessing the FOV is tough. Even though my 5442T has a similar FOV and that works fine. I've manually set all my parameters, using various guides by yourself.

@roymickton I assume you had someone walk thru your yard and IVS did not trip? What firmware are you on?
Correct. More screenshots attached.

Attachments

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Why don’t you temporarily uninstall cam and plug it into POE switch via a short cable at eye level. Can you get IVS to trip?

roymickton

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
All working now. It was indeed my FOV. I have angled it differently to make it work. I'll need to get another camera to view the bits of my yard that are out of view now :)

Thanks for all the help.