IPC-Color4K-T and IPC-Color4K-T180 230227 Firmware

Reaction score
Just checked the auto restarts on both and they were both disabled. I defaulted when i flashed it after i first noticed it happening. I can do it again next time i notice it.

Its been about 16hr now since it did it last which in checking the logs it seems to be longest its gone. Hopefully removing some of the overhead helped. It is also a lot cooler this morning so maybe that has something to do with it as well.
Did you factory default before or after Synology automatically changed all the settings in the camera? I'm thinking maybe Synology might've corrupted some of the settings. Unless you have a defective camera, the heat shouldn't have anything to do with it. I've had these outdoors for over a year in direct sunlight without them rebooting.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Andy, I updated to the latest and now I am getting thousands of no signals per day in blue iris. Has anyone else reported this?
Yes it is mentioned in several threads.

Here is the link to one possible solution:

XDRDX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes it is mentioned in several threads.

Here is the link to one possible solution:

Thank you! That helped.

ATX

n3wb
Reaction score
Ran into a strange issue when updating my IPC-Color4K-T180 to latest firmware (build 2023-09-18).
After the update the camera did not come back online.
It was pingable, but neither HTTP nor RTSP was working. Port scan revealed only port 8088 was open.
Power cycled PoE a few times and it did not make any difference. Left camera alone for 15 minutes and it never came back online.
Turned PoE off overnight.
In the morning, got my ladder out and removed the MicroSD/reset cover from the camera.
Went inside and turned PoE back on. Was about to head outside to press the reset button when I noticed the camera came back online.

Figured I would document this here in case anyone else runs into the same issue.

I have not run into the "No Signal" BI issue yet (although I'm an older version of BI).

Heavyopp

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I figure this is the best place to ask - What firmware version do I have and would an upgrade be beneficial?
Is firmware the same as system version? If firmware version is not here where do I find it?

color 4k-t - build date 9/26/22 this is new to me from the 2024 spring sale. Bought direct from empire.

Thanks for the help.

EAF9DD74-BE7B-4DC4-9CC8-22D7F1BE86A7.jpeg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I figure this is the best place to ask - What firmware version do I have and would an upgrade be beneficial?
Is firmware the same as system version? If firmware version is not here where do I find it?

color 4k-t - build date 9/26/22 this is new to me from the 2024 spring sale. Bought direct from empire.

Thanks for the help.

View attachment 190574
The system version is the firmware version.

Are you experiencing any issues with the camera? If not, best practice is don't fix what ain't broke!

Many of my cams still run 2019 firmware even though there is newer because my cams work and don't want to mess anything up.

Heavyopp

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Am I experiencing any issues? Maybe.

Thing is I’m just learning. This is only my 2nd camera that is installed. Just found out on this thread that my buffer in BI was set way to low 6mb, brought it up to 40, as you suggested a few pages back. Hopefully that cures my sometimes 20 second lag.

My daytime scene is hard to get right, clouds, shadows moving, rain - over exposed sometimes under exposed.
I’m sure most of my issues are lack of understanding. Just wondering if firmware could be contributing.

Anyway, I don’t want to clutter this thread with my scene problems. I’ll start a new thread once I understand better.

I guess what you are telling me is yes my firmware is dated. There are new versions that may or may not be better.
I think you are also telling me to wait and discuss my camera issues with you guys before upgrading.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Am I experiencing any issues? Maybe.

Thing is I’m just learning. This is only my 2nd camera that is installed. Just found out on this thread that my buffer in BI was set way to low 6mb, brought it up to 40, as you suggested a few pages back. Hopefully that cures my sometimes 20 second lag.

My daytime scene is hard to get right, clouds, shadows moving, rain - over exposed sometimes under exposed.
I’m sure most of my issues are lack of understanding. Just wondering if firmware could be contributing.

Anyway, I don’t want to clutter this thread with my scene problems. I’ll start a new thread once I understand better.

I guess what you are telling me is yes my firmware is dated. There are new versions that may or may not be better.
I think you are also telling me to wait and discuss my camera issues with you guys before upgrading.
That is how people brick cameras or end up losing a feature they need and it was removed in a firmware update.

Only update if the Release Notes SPECIFICALLY mention fixing a problem you are having.

Keep in mind depending on your field of view (a lot of sky in the image), this camera has been show to be over exposed and washed out.

Heavyopp

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That is how people brick cameras or end up losing a feature they need and it was removed in a firmware update.

Only update if the Release Notes SPECIFICALLY mention fixing a problem you are having.

Keep in mind depending on your field of view (a lot of sky in the image), this camera has been show to be over exposed and washed out.
Not much sky at all - Mostly grass with large towering oak trees above, no leaves. Lots of tree branch shadows.

I’ll start a thread soon, we’ll get it right or at least as right as it can be.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not much sky at all - Mostly grass with large towering oak trees above, no leaves. Lots of tree branch shadows.

I’ll start a thread soon, we’ll get it right or at least as right as it can be.
Oh wow - yeah start a thread with some example images, video, and screenshots of your settings and see if we can figure it out!