ip2m-841 alternatives

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guys - i'm currently using the ip2m as an indoor camera which is 2mp. The only recordings I care about are with infrared light turned on at night and I care about both video & audio quality about a subject that is approximately 12ft away. Is going to an Amcrest 4mp camera going to provide considerably higher results to video or audio? If not, is there any other kind of camera that I should consider for at least 50% improvement in either audio or video? I don't even mind dabbling with an external mic if needed and I don't have to be discreet with this application

Thanks

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I have the 2MP version of the Amcrest and the 4MP of the Dahua. I haven't used the 4MP Amcrest but it gets pretty good reviews on here. Between the two I have, 2MP Amcrest and 4MP Dahua, I prefer the Dahua based on low light performance but you may find the Amcrest app better. Six to one, half dozen of the other.

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you also used the ip2m and can compare?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Have you also used the ip2m and can compare?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Yes, I previously used both the IP2M and the IP3M series. The IP4M-1051 is a great improvement in sensor sensitivity and firmware functionality. The one negative I can report is, the IP4M-1051 does NOT provide PoE capability. Very disappointing.