IP WIFI Camera Configuration

0v3reem

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I bought WIFI IP camera which work great with Android app and CMS on windows, but only when I am connected by notebook to same router with camera.
Its possible to watch camera from different router because I want watch camera from different area in my home. I have main switch where are connected two routers and to one router camera
its connected and to the second my notebook. Here is a diagram to better understand what I mean.
Its any way to make it work?
Best regards
ipc.jpg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do you have Internet and if so, where does it come in and how is it (the modem) connected?

I ask because a LAN needs only one router to assign unique IP's to DHCP devices and they would all be in the same subnet.
Wireless router #2 should be configured as an Access Point with it's own unique static IP in that subnet.
You can choose your static IP's to use and assign from those that are OUTSIDE of the DHCP pool of router #1, the "working" router.

If there was only one subnet, say 192.168.1.XXX, then the notebook would be able to access the Wi-Fi camera.

When you show the Internet (modem), also indicate what is connected to each router's WAN (Internet) port and what is connected to each router's LAN ports.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is what I mean regarding the modem going to WAN port of router #1 and router #2 being configured as a wireless AP, all devices in same subnet (such as 10.1.1.XXX or 192.168.1.XXX):

ipc-schema_030624B.jpg

0v3reem

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello TonyR,
Yes, I have internet. Its connected to PORT1 in SWITCH, routers are connected by LAN cable to others ports in switch.
Camera its connected by WI FI and notebook also by WI FI.
Today I will check subnets that are the same and check rest :)
Thanks for reply!

Attachments