IP-PTZ camera compatiibility issues with Qnap Surviellence Station

Admin529

n3wb
Reaction score
Admin said:
Thanks for joining IP Cam Talk! We are glad you have chosen to be a part of our community and we hope you enjoy it here. If you are a Blue Iris user, check out Blue Iris Tools.

Don't hesitate to post any questions, thoughts or related pictures!

Thanks,
IP Cam Talk Staff
12X 2 Megapixel Outdoor IP Network PTZ 12X 2 Megapixel Outdoor IP Network PTZ [#IPPTZ-EL2L12X-Mini-O]

Robculbertson529 Today at 04:20 I have purchased 2 of the above units Product# CVIPTZ-EL2L12X
and my NVR does not have this exact knock off model I was curious which if any cross reference model this would emulate.
I am trying to set this up in Surveillance Station in the QNAP NVR I have tried Dahua since the Config tool gives me a make of Dahua but no model number. I am looking for a cross reference model that will be compatible with Qnap Surviellence station for the above mentioned camera
so far the config utility only comes up with the Mfg of Dahua on local ip 192.168.100.108 Port 37777 / 80 login admin password 1012mom34 when I log into the cam interface I receive the error message that there is a model mismatch For the Dahua nearby it gives a model of IPC-AW-12W but I know that is not the correct model, I do believe there is another mfg using the same camera with a slightly different model / firmware but without going thru the thousands of models i would not know. I am truying to circumvent that by asking you all for some suggestions. anything you could do to assist would be greatly appreciated. I am in a high risk delema here at the property however I know security footage does not stop flying lead but at least it could hold up in a court case and will my most critical cams still not up I am not grasping at straws.
Thank you for anything you can do. My knowledge is above average in networking and what not so do not be afraid to pose technical questions to me
Please help

ps I am able to access them in a butchered sort of way using Blue Iris but that is not sufficent for automated recording and triggers thats why I want to use the NVR as I have about 6 of these cams
thanks again
Rob

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
12X 2 Megapixel Outdoor IP Network PTZ 12X 2 Megapixel Outdoor IP Network PTZ [#IPPTZ-EL2L12X-Mini-O]

Robculbertson529 Today at 04:20 I have purchased 2 of the above units Product# CVIPTZ-EL2L12X
and my NVR does not have this exact knock off model I was curious which if any cross reference model this would emulate.
I am trying to set this up in Surveillance Station in the QNAP NVR I have tried Dahua since the Config tool gives me a make of Dahua but no model number. I am looking for a cross reference model that will be compatible with Qnap Surviellence station for the above mentioned camera
so far the config utility only comes up with the Mfg of Dahua on local ip 192.168.100.108 Port 37777 / 80 login admin password 1012mom34 when I log into the cam interface I receive the error message that there is a model mismatch For the Dahua nearby it gives a model of IPC-AW-12W but I know that is not the correct model, I do believe there is another mfg using the same camera with a slightly different model / firmware but without going thru the thousands of models i would not know. I am truying to circumvent that by asking you all for some suggestions. anything you could do to assist would be greatly appreciated. I am in a high risk delema here at the property however I know security footage does not stop flying lead but at least it could hold up in a court case and will my most critical cams still not up I am not grasping at straws.
Thank you for anything you can do. My knowledge is above average in networking and what not so do not be afraid to pose technical questions to me
Please help

ps I am able to access them in a butchered sort of way using Blue Iris but that is not sufficent for automated recording and triggers thats why I want to use the NVR as I have about 6 of these cams
thanks again
Rob
If this is so critical to you, return the cameras and buy cameras that are known to work with the NAS.

Admin529

n3wb
Reaction score
looks like its this camera: http://www.networkcameracritic.com/?p=2593

which is not explicitly listed on Qnap compat page, but it appears almost all dahua's are 'supported by design'.. so if you cant get it to work, its PEBCAK
ProblemExistsBetweenKeyboardAndChair that is a mouse driver error sp

I usually call that a "Mouse Driver" error i get it, how can it be pebkac if it is as simple as picking a camera and it stating camera mismatch.... do I need to try them all???
cmon dude give me a tiny winy bit of credit ok...

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try all the dahuas and see if it works, specifically PTZ models.. the dahua API is the same for all my PTZ's

otherwise try Onvif compatible camera, or RSTP stream.. here is the likely URI:
rtsp://<user>:<password>@<ip or dnsname>:<port>/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1

and if all that fails, try searching through the QNAP forums: http://forum.qnap.com/viewforum.php?f=187

A configuration issue, is a PEBCAK issue.. get over your self, your asking for help right?