IP Cameras on 16CH Hikvision DVR

IceK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi
I have a 16ch Hikvision DVR DS-7216HQHI-K2 and I cannot add more than TWO IP cameras, even if I reduce the number of analog camers from 16 to 2.
I have the latest software running V4.30.120 build 200630, according to the specs, I should be able to run 8 IP Cameras +16 Analog

Spec is below

HIKVISION DS-7216HQHI-K2
16 Channel 4MP Turbo HD TVI
IP Camera Support : 8 Channel (max 24ch) up to 6MP IP Cameras

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On the main menu when using the locally connected monitor - try enabling Enhanced IP Mode

IceK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I checked all the settings on the DVR using the attached monitor and could not find the any Enhanced IP Option.

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think you've got your specs wrong. the HQHI is a 2 megapixel HDTVI DVR.

For your 2 megapixel model the HQHI-K2 - 2 x 4 megapixel IP camera or 8 when you enable enhanced IP mode.
Whereas the 5 megapixel HUHI-K2 model - can take 8 x 6 megapixel IP camera or 16 when you enable enhanced IP mode.

Either way I think you'll need to enable enhanced IP mode. Not sure why you can't find it - I think it's on the main menu page.

IceK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think you've got your specs wrong. the HQHI is a 2 megapixel HDTVI DVR.

For your 2 megapixel model the HQHI-K2 - 2 x 4 megapixel IP camera or 8 when you enable enhanced IP mode.
Whereas the 5 megapixel HUHI-K2 model - can take 8 x 6 megapixel IP camera or 16 when you enable enhanced IP mode.

Either way I think you'll need to enable enhanced IP mode. Not sure why you can't find it - I think it's on the main menu page.
The Enhanced option is not there, however, I managed to add more IP cameras.
Now, that I have THREE IP cameras, which are ALL visible on the monitor, ONLY TWO are visible on the Hikvision App.
Is there a setting to allow it to be visible on IVMS or the HIK App. I would not have thought, so as any camera visible on the DVR should be visible on APPs..

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The Enhanced option is not there, however, I managed to add more IP cameras.
Now, that I have THREE IP cameras, which are ALL visible on the monitor, ONLY TWO are visible on the Hikvision App.
Is there a setting to allow it to be visible on IVMS or the HIK App. I would not have thought, so as any camera visible on the DVR should be visible on APPs..
No there’s no setting as such to make it visible in the app. The only thing that springs to mind is the user permissions - to be visible in iVMS, the user has to have the Remote View option ticked for that camera. However that would only apply if you weren’t logged in as admin. The other thing you can try in iVMS Settings > Devices is click on the site click the edit icon in the top right corner then click save. That will re establish/refresh the connection and show any new cameras

IceK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, but refreshing made NO difference. There are no additional users, only admin.
If you think of anything else, let me know, appreciate your support.
One other question, related to platform access. I have an 8 channel DVR, which would not appear on IVMS, so I checked my 16channel DVR and changed the server to the same address
litedev.eu.hik-connect.com, it was initially on dev.eu.hik-connect.com.
Does IVMS only access a specfic server and which server would you recommend..

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, but refreshing made NO difference. There are no additional users, only admin.
If you think of anything else, let me know, appreciate your support.
One other question, related to platform access. I have an 8 channel DVR, which would not appear on IVMS, so I checked my 16channel DVR and changed the server to the same address
litedev.eu.hik-connect.com, it was initially on dev.eu.hik-connect.com.
Does IVMS only access a specfic server and which server would you recommend..
Ok. It’s probably a Hik Connect issue. Try disabling/enabling Hik Connect on the DVR and sign out/sign back in on the app. You can prove the cameras are visible in the app by adding the DVR again using the IP/Domain method and using the local IP address. Mine uses the litedev address.

IceK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Still not appearing. I deleted and added the camera, stopped and started platform access, deleted and re added the group

IceK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Got it working, camera live view was set to auto stream, however, only the main stream function worked. Strange, as the other two cameras are set to auto.
One last question, how do you enter the encryption key, if IVMS does not request. When I first set the DVR up and connected via IVMS, it requested the encryption key, now it does'nt for my 8 channel DVR and the live view is blank