IP Camera to NVR

Scotticus

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been frustrated by this for the past 4 / 5 Hours

Tried literally everything..

The long and short being is that I can't link my IP Camera to my DN41R NVR

Tried every solution I can find online, the IVMS Software doesn't like it, the web interface doesn't like it..

VLC Will open the RTSP Address just fine and play it

Everything it networked just fine, it pings, it connects to the web interface, etc, etc

I've tried changing video settings, etc as suggested here and elsewhere

All I'm getting from the NVR is:

Everything else listed below:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
VLC Will open the RTSP Address just fine and play it
Does the NVR have the 'Custom Protocol' choice that would allow you to add the camera as an RTSP stream?

Tried literally everything..
Does the NVR have an 'ONVIF' choice and does the camera also support ONVIF?
If so - that should work OK - once you confirm the 'ONVIF port'.
Which might be 80 - some are - or it may be something quite different.

If the camera is ONVIF compliant, ONVIF Device Manager (sourceforge.net) will find it.
The ONVIF port is shown in the URL at the bottom of the Identification page, after you've given ODM some logon credentials, top left of the window.

Scotticus

n3wb
Reaction score
Does the NVR have the 'Custom Protocol' choice that would allow you to add the camera as an RTSP stream?

If the camera is ONVIF compliant, ONVIF Device Manager (sourceforge.net) will find it.
The ONVIF port is shown in the URL at the bottom of the Identification page, after you've given ODM some logon credentials, top left of the window.

ONVIF Does not display the camera only the DVR

As for the custom protocols.. This is the only option and no option to customise it?

Scotticus

n3wb
Reaction score

Update to that the error this time around is:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
ONVIF Does not display the camera only the DVR
It's unusual these days for even low-cost cameras not to support ONVIF.
I don't suppose it's disabled by default and there is an 'enable' option in the camera web GUI?

As for the custom protocols.. This is the only option and no option to customise it?
It looks like ANNKE have put some brain-damaged firmware on the OEM NVR. That's poor.
Normally, in the NVR web GUI under under Camera Management there is a button to configure the settings for the 'Custom protocols'.
It makes no sense to be able to select one (even with the Batch Configuration Tool) but not be able to define the settings for it.

Is it the Hikvision version of the Batch Configuration Tool that you are using? Tools - Download - Hikvision
This is to a Hikvision NVR running Hikvision firmware :

upload_2019-3-7_14-19-54.png

Scotticus

n3wb
Reaction score
It's unusual these days for even low-cost cameras not to support ONVIF.
I don't suppose it's disabled by default and there is an 'enable' option in the camera web GUI?

It looks like ANNKE have put some brain-damaged firmware on the OEM NVR. That's poor.
Normally, in the NVR web GUI under under Camera Management there is a button to configure the settings for the 'Custom protocols'.
It makes no sense to be able to select one (even with the Batch Configuration Tool) but not be able to define the settings for it.

Is it the Hikvision version of the Batch Configuration Tool that you are using? Tools - Download - Hikvision
This is to a Hikvision NVR running Hikvision firmware :

View attachment 40101
This is the result I get from the batch configuration tool, pretty much the same screen as the IVMS Software, is it possible to flash the NVR Firmware so I have that selection? That's the only thing I can think that'll resolve this

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
What resolution is that cam running at? (in Cam's 'audio/video' config screen)

That NVR supports up to only 1.3MP or 960p...