IP Camera SETTINGS software

BobW55

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to some software that will allow you to adjust the settings on a PTZ IP camera?
I want to see things like turn off/on the IR Cut filter, white balance, control the IR lights etc.

The CMS software that came with my camera will do some of the things, but there is NO documentation as to what it will affect.
I can set the IR Filter to be auto or synced with the IR lights, (what does that do?) But I see no setting to just turn it off.
I am sure there is a way to change the user name and password (would do this if I were to stream the camera).
I have the ONVIF device manager which will do some of the things, but not all of them.
I am not looking for software like BlueIris or Ispy. I need configuration software.

Bob

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You don't mention what camera it is that you are trying to get controls for?

Also, in my experience, the web interface for these IP cameras has all the features that are going to be supported by the firmware built in. In few cases, using another app will give you access to other features not listed in the main camera webpage, but not too often.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to some software that will allow you to adjust the settings on a PTZ IP camera?
I want to see things like turn off/on the IR Cut filter, white balance, control the IR lights etc.

The CMS software that came with my camera will do some of the things, but there is NO documentation as to what it will affect.
I can set the IR Filter to be auto or synced with the IR lights, (what does that do?) But I see no setting to just turn it off.
I am sure there is a way to change the user name and password (would do this if I were to stream the camera).
I have the ONVIF device manager which will do some of the things, but not all of them.
I am not looking for software like BlueIris or Ispy. I need configuration software.

Bob
Nothing like that exists..you should be able to adjust these settings from the camera interface, the closest you can get is something that will allow you to enable/disable IR...try ipcamviewer by robert Chou..there is a scan feature that will detect compatible cameras so maybe there is support for yours…don’t expect much for cheap china cams..

BobW55

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Kind of what I thought. Would be nice to just have a control panel for all the functions.