IP Camera Does Not Exist

Reaction score
Hi. I’ve recently bought a used HikVision DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) with 4 DS-2CD1383G0-I cameras. They’ve all been setup and repaired with new activation passwords. 3 out of the 4 cameras connect and display on the NVR. The 4th one no matter what I try just won’t connect. On the NVR it says IP camera does not exist.

I’ve tried multiple cables, I’ve reset it multiple times and tried to connect it to no avail.

If I give it it’s own power source and connect it to the laptop it definitely does work. I can go on live viewer in the browser and it works, I’ve tried giving it a static ip in the NVR range and also the same subnet.
Still won’t connect to the NVR no matter what I do.
NVR is on the latest firmware possible, each update was done one after the other, I didn’t jump to the last one without doing the previous ones first.
The camera is also updated to the latest firmware.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve tried the default which is 192.168.254.9
In what way is that a default? Although the NVR PoE channels IP addresses generally appear in a regular sequence, it's not always the case.
It needs to match the actual IP address that's configured on the NVR PoE channel that it's connected to, as seen on the NVR web GUI 'Camera Management' page.
What shows for the channel IP address?

Reaction score
In what way is that a default? Although the NVR PoE channels IP addresses generally appear in a regular sequence, it's not always the case.
It needs to match the actual IP address that's configured on the NVR PoE channel that it's connected to, as seen on the NVR web GUI 'Camera Management' page.
What shows for the channel IP address?
Well my range goes 192.168.254.3 then .5 then .7 then .9. I’ve tried resetting the camera, when going to sadp it requires activation, so I activate it with the same ip camera activation password as the nvr. I tried leaving it as that and connecting it, nothing. I then tried manually setting the ip to Poe port four which would’ve been 192.168.254.9 and still nothing. Setting the Poe port to manual instead of plug and play yields the network abnormal error

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Apologies if you've already tried this -
Set the NVR PoE channel back to Plug&Play
Reset the camera so that it is Inactive. Don't activate it.
Connect it to the NVR PoE port.
Normally the NVR would find it, Activate it, and connect it, automatically.
I hope that works.

Reaction score
Apologies if you've already tried this -
Set the NVR PoE channel back to Plug&Play
Reset the camera so that it is Inactive. Don't activate it.
Connect it to the NVR PoE port.
Normally the NVR would find it, Activate it, and connect it, automatically.
I hope that works.
Hi. Thank you for all the responses. Ive tried this multiple times, it hasn’t worked but it’s worked for the other 3 cameras