IP Cam that records locally to NAS via Wifi?

Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking to replace a few of my D'Link DCS-934L cams. For ease and for budget constraints right now, I'm looking for something very similar. I want to be able to still use Blue Iris to record locally (to a NAS) via wifi or ethernet cable. I know there is a certain spec that allows for you to be able to record locally but can't remember - the camera has to have a certain protocol or something that allows for it to stream and record in Blue Iris. Must be able to record 24/7 and indoor only is ok as they'll be monitoring parts of my basement. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I suggest you consider the Dahua-builtAmcrest IP2M-841W-V3 . It's an indoor cam.

The version 3 provides AI/auto tracking of moving objects. It is ONVIF compatible, provides RTSP, is 1080p, has IR, 2-way audio plus mike in/speaker out, has pan/tilt/digital zoom, record to micro SD card, wired or wireless and has alarm in/out, great with Blue Iris, VLC, etc. Comes with wall/ceiling mount, 1/4"-20 tripod mount female insert on bottom. Available in black or white for under $50 !

I've installed 4 of the similar non-V3 versions and 3 of it's lower-res (720p) cousins in the last 3 years and all have functioned with no hiccups and all are currently streaming to Blue Iris.

It has 2 video streams available, a main and a substream.

I have also set one up with Tinycam Pro on a Sony smart TV (Android).

EDIT 4/1/21: V3 does NOT provide relay I/O nor jacks for an external mic and speaker.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

beandip

n3wb
Reaction score
thread necro, but was is "relay I/O"?

I suggest you consider the Dahua-builtAmcrest IP2M-841W-V3 . It's an indoor cam.

The version 3 provides AI/auto tracking of moving objects. It is ONVIF compatible, provides RTSP, is 1080p, has IR, 2-way audio plus mike in/speaker out, has pan/tilt/digital zoom, record to micro SD card, wired or wireless and has alarm in/out, great with Blue Iris, VLC, etc. Comes with wall/ceiling mount, 1/4"-20 tripod mount female insert on bottom. Available in black or white for under $50 !

I've installed 4 of the similar non-V3 versions and 3 of it's lower-res (720p) cousins in the last 3 years and all have functioned with no hiccups and all are currently streaming to Blue Iris.

It has 2 video streams available, a main and a substream.

I have also set one up with Tinycam Pro on a Sony smart TV (Android).

EDIT 4/1/21: V3 does NOT provide relay I/O nor jacks for an external mic and speaker.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
^^^ Relay I/O means a set of contacts on a relay built into the camera to enable triggering "outside" devices when the camera is triggered.