IP Cam I-Frame setting only goes to 5.

37tr3n5k

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Matching the FPS and the I frame setting for one of my types of cameras proves to be difficult. The I-frame setting on the camera only goes to 5 for the Alptop Camera I have. 5 fps is pretty low if I was to match the frame setting. Is this just indicative of a cheap camera? Any advice on how to set the settings would be appreciated. Thanks ALPTOP settings.JPG

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Matching the FPS and the I frame setting for one of my types of cameras proves to be difficult. The I-frame setting on the camera only goes to 5 for the Alptop Camera I have. 5 fps is pretty low if I was to match the frame setting. Is this just indicative of a cheap camera? Any advice on how to set the settings would be appreciated. Thanks View attachment 11362
That is per second. if you are using 20fps, try setting it to 3.

37tr3n5k

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That is per second. if you are using 20fps, try setting it to 3.
Thanks (as always). One more question- You mentioned it is "per second". Can you elaborate? the FPS is also per second. If they need to match, can you share how you got to 3?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks (as always). One more question- You mentioned it is "per second". Can you elaborate? the FPS is also per second. If they need to match, can you share how you got to 3?
the iframe interval on the other cameras is set in frames not seconds.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So, does that mean there is no actual I frame rate? just an interval of what already may be matched?
There is. A setting of 1 would be the same as matching the fps. Every cameras interaction with BI is unique, so you may want to try different settings.