IP Address Confusion

camguyutah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for your great help so far! I have my cameras and NVR installed and running. The image quality is fantastic! I am trying to get the iDMSS app to work and it is failing to connect. After doing some reading, it looks like my IP addresses are off. My iMac has the IP address of 192.168.1.10 but my camera system and cameras are all at 10.15.6.141 (system) 10/1/1/65, 10.1.1.66, (cameras) etc... How can I change the system and camera IP addresses to the same 192.xxx.x.xx as my iMac and network in order to get the mobile app to work? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Give the mobile app the IP of the NVR and you should be able to see all of the cameras, plus be able to see recordings, etc.

camguyutah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Give the mobile app the IP of the NVR and you should be able to see all of the cameras, plus be able to see recordings, etc.
Thanks, @aristobrat. Here is what I am doing.

In the iDMSS Plus app, I am going to Live Preview, Add Device, Wired Device, IP/Domain and adding my name (just typing camera system), Address (adding the NVR IP address which was changed to 192.168.20.2), Port is 37777, Username (admin), Password (entered my created password), and then Start Live Preview. The connection still failed.

My camera IP's are still in the 10.xx range. Not sure if this is making any difference, but they still display on my monitor.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, @aristobrat. Here is what I am doing.

In the iDMSS Plus app, I am going to Live Preview, Add Device, Wired Device, IP/Domain and adding my name (just typing camera system), Address (adding the NVR IP address which was changed to 192.168.20.2), Port is 37777, Username (admin), Password (entered my created password), and then Start Live Preview. The connection still failed.

My camera IP's are still in the 10.xx range. Not sure if this is making any difference, but they still display on my monitor.
Can you log in with a web browser with 192.168.20.2), Port is 37777, Username (admin), Password

camguyutah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can you log in with a web browser with 192.168.20.2), Port is 37777, Username (admin), Password
Here is the message when I try:

This site can’t be reached
192.168.20.2 took too long to respond.

camguyutah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is your computer on the same subnet?
Double check the network settings in the NVR's setup pages.
I just changed the NVR subnet to match the subnet on my computer and will test. Do you want these numbers to match?
I also just found the online manual which is 400 pages and will begin reading.

camguyutah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is your computer on the same subnet?
Double check the network settings in the NVR's setup pages.
One more thing I just noticed. The NVR does not show under the list of devices attached to my AC 1900 router.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just changed the NVR subnet to match the subnet on my computer and will test. Do you want these numbers to match?
I also just found the online manual which is 400 pages and will begin reading.
For the network port on the NVR, (not the camera ports) the IP address must be on the same subnet of your network.
Which would mean the NVR network port, your computer, and the address for the Router all has to be in the same range.
Thus, they all need to have an IP address like:
192.168.20.xxx
Router example: 192.168.20.1
NVR would be 192.168.20.2
You computer would be 192.168.20.3
What is the IP address you use to access the router's setup?
Resource Guide on IP Technology for all Noobs

camguyutah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For the network port on the NVR, (not the camera ports) the IP address must be on the same subnet of your network.
Which would mean the NVR network port, your computer, and the address for the Router all has to be in the same range.
Thus, they all need to have an IP address like:
192.168.20.xxx
Router example: 192.168.20.1
NVR would be 192.168.20.2
You computer would be 192.168.20.3
What is the IP address you use to access the router's setup?
Resource Guide on IP Technology for all Noobs
This info is exactly what I needed. After reading a bit on the IP Tech and IP sequences, I changed them and now it works like a charm. Thank so much!