iOS push failure - 106; check security exemptions and service Ligin

kc8tmv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Release 5.3.6.5
Any thoughts on where to start looking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I am running into the same problem and have been unable to find any information on this error. Push notifications work properly on an Android device from the same server. Blue Iris 5.2.9.22

Reaction score
I was able to track this down to PeerBlock stopping the outgoing push to Apple. I allowed an exception for port 2195 and that seems to have worked.

Reaction score
Is this what your talking about? I added the rule and ran a test push and no picture.

1594818507410.png

Reaction score
No. My issue was due to a third party firewall program blocking the connection to Apple and preventing push notifications all together.

I have intermittent problems with pictures showing on the notifications for both Android and Apple devices. From other threads I have seen it was recommended to use version 5.2.6.5. I tried that and it seemed to work but I was unable to playback recordings properly via the apps.

Reaction score
Oh okay i'll dig thru my main firewall logs then, I'm running PF sense. Yesterday I did get a couple of pictures. Is there a explination somewhere on how the push notifications work? It's a little black box to me.