iOS app Automatically Disconnects

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to the forum and am happy to have stumbled upon this lovely resource. I have set up Blue Iris on my desktop and have all the ports forwarded for my cameras, as well as my computer. However, every time I connect using the app on my iPhone it logs in and then automatically disconnects. Sometimes it stays logged in long enough to see quick snapshots of my camera feed when I hit the camera icon. When I check the Blue Iris log it shows that my device has logged in and connected. This is getting very frustrating.

Software Versions:

Blue Iris App 1.40.01
Blue Iris Desktop 3.09.03
iOS 8.1.3

Any feedback/help at this point would be much appreciated.

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to the forum and am happy to have stumbled upon this lovely resource. I have set up Blue Iris on my desktop and have all the ports forwarded for my cameras, as well as my computer. However, every time I connect using the app on my iPhone it logs in and then automatically disconnects. Sometimes it stays logged in long enough to see quick snapshots of my camera feed when I hit the camera icon. When I check the Blue Iris log it shows that my device has logged in and connected. This is getting very frustrating.

Software Versions:

Blue Iris App 1.40.01
Blue Iris Desktop 3.09.03
iOS 8.1.3

Any feedback/help at this point would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Welcome to the forum..you have a really old version of the desktop application...The update patches are no longer posted for version3...however i have an update file that i can upload later today that should bring you close to the latest v3...
The update page does have the latest 3.66 full version though..
When did you purchase blue iris? and where?

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum..you have a really old version of the desktop application...The update patches are no longer posted for version3...however i have an update file that i can upload later today that should bring you close to the latest v3...
The update page does have the latest 3.66 full version though..
When did you purchase blue iris? and where?
I bought this software off Amazon earlier this month. It was distributed by Foscam and Amazon (not third-party). I am going to call Amazon and voice my disappointment.

I would really appreciate it if you could send me the update. I would love for the app to work on my iPhone, as it is one of the main reasons I went with the Blue Iris software.

Thank you so much!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I bought this software off Amazon earlier this month. It was distributed by Foscam and Amazon (not third-party). I am going to call Amazon and voice my disappointment.

I would really appreciate it if you could send me the update. I would love for the app to work on my iPhone, as it is one of the main reasons I went with the Blue Iris software.

Thank you so much!
Hey, instead of upgrading, you should just upgrade to version 4.....you can do this for free by emailing the blue iris developer here with proof of purchase..http://blueirissoftware.com/contact/
Or better yet, get a refund from amazon and buy directly from the develper - that is what I would do.
You should still leave negative feedback for foscam as a seller - remember they dont care about negative feedback of the product because it not theirs...there is a separate review for sellers. Forscam is a terrible company..not only are their cameras below average and their support slimy, but they pull this kind of crap..they know very well that V4 is out, in fact they are selling V4 on their own website...there are lost of negative reviews of blue iris based solely on their failure to advise the end user....they are simply selling off their old stock to unsuspecting users.
Blue iris is superb and you will really like the added timeline in v4

Reaction score
I will contact both Amazon and the developer directly. Thank you for the honest reply. I am quite disappointed with receiving such an outdated version of a software I only purchased a little over a month ago. I hope updating will resolve my connection issue.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I will contact both Amazon and the developer directly. Thank you for the honest reply. I am quite disappointed with receiving such an outdated version of a software I only purchased a little over a month ago. I hope updating will resolve my connection issue.
No problem..in the interim you can run the blue iris 4 demo version...