Interface to Foscam cameras?

SledMack

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I've been working with Andy to get some Foscam cameras to work with the NVR I just purchased from him. We have had partial success. I thought this would be a good place to see if anyone else has figured this out.

I know the easy answer to this is to buy all new cameras. But the cameras were in place. I was using a PC running Netcam Studio. The software has become obsolete, so I decided to move to an NVR, and settled on Andy's. I will probably upgrade cameras one at a time. But I am having to limit my spending on this system, or at least spread it out.

The issue - When I add a camera to the NVR, it gets the image but give me a "failed to aquire config" error. I'm using the ONVIF connection to the cameras. This allows me to see live view and record. I can set up IVS detection, and it works properly. But I can not enable SMD. I get the same "failed to aquire config" error when trying to enable it.

I'm connecting to a G2 bullet style and a VZ4 PTZ. Surprisingly, the PTZ controls work. So some of the non-video signal is getting through. There may be no solution to this in the end, but this seemed like a good place to ask.

Thanks.

SledMack

n3wb
Reaction score
So far the IVS is working really well. But it's only available on 4 channels using the NVR. The SMD is available on 8 channels. I was hoping to use a combination.

I have 2 cameras mounted on my barn facing my house. Between those two and two others on the house, I can use the 4 IVS channels to pick up anyone approaching the house. I might have to look at other cameras for better detail, but I'll know someone is there.