Interesting new setup ideas required.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It happens if you use the same license key on another system.
I suggest you install the NVR. This is a MUST. This way when you rip it out and go back to BI you will know your tried your best.
Why do you think the NVR will deal with heat better than a pc? With a pc you can easily add cooling.
Maybe not the heat as such, just may be the full 24/7 continual running in a remote location.

Like I say I've not convinced myself enough yet as I have used NVR's in the past and as most members have found I've found them limited at best.

I just can't make up my mind whether it would suit this use case better or not

It's also subconsciously why I have opened the NVR debate as deep down I already provably know the answer and BI is probably the way to go

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
An NVR with its piddly little fan will burn up faster than an PC in that kind of heat.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you want simplicity, you can always try simply installing just the cameras along with inserting a GOOD sd card into the camera for recording.
A good SD card is a Samsung Evo Plus.
Only other item you need is a good POE switch, don't cheap out on the POE switch.
I like to stick with Netgear switch's, I've never had a problem with them.
You can always add an NVR or a BI system later if just the cameras don't cut it for you.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you want simplicity, you can always try simply installing just the cameras along with inserting a GOOD sd card into the camera for recording.
A good SD card is a Samsung Evo Plus.
Only other item you need is a good POE switch, don't cheap out on the POE switch.
I like to stick with Netgear switch's, I've never had a problem with them.
You can always add an NVR or a BI system later if just the cameras don't cut it for you.
Thanks Looney

POE switches aren't a problem like you I like Netgear ones.

SD is a must the rest will just be on top.

Now swaying myself back towards BI haha.

Oh it's a wonderful hobby

spuls

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
coastal area => i would recommend to seal all conections with dielectric grease.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
coastal area => i would recommend to seal all conections with dielectric grease.
This is indeed a very good idea with all the salt in the air.

I will hopefully not have any exposed connections to deal with.

It's having a lot of thought put into placement and setup