Intel HD4600 on ESX

dastrix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi All, i have a VM on my i7 4770. CPU is high for the cameras I have compared to when it was on a physical machine (the same machine, just not virtualized)

Is there something I need to do to have Win10 use hardware acceleration of the GPU under ESX as a VM?

Thankyou!

Reaction score
Hello dastrix,

It could be related to Microsoft drivers, sometimes when it comes GPUs it is better to download them directly from the manufacturer website, for example you could install NVIDIA GeForce Experience to get the GPU drivers if it was NVIDIA, or go manually to get the one that suits you better. It has been reported by some users that the GPU drivers of Windows just won't perform as good as the ones downloaded from the GPU manufacturer website, and as a piece of advice just make sure the VM was also built to use the GPU.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

dastrix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Spent most of the morning stuffing around. I can get my haswell HD 4600 to pass through but I like bp2008, get a error code 43. This isnt a memory leak issue, its about exposing the GPU to ESX to enable QuickSync on a VM. This is what fails :)