Installing a system inside a garage that get HOT ***pics**

tldees

n3wb
Reaction score
There are good responses here, save the fridge thing...Really? Not sure why folks think the garage is a good place for their NVR and related equipment...It will fry, sooner or later. My NVR and patch-panel rack with power supply/ups has been running near 5 years without interruption in my downstairs office. The garage is just not the ideal location.

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
apparently these aren't regular garages, they said they are over a mile from the nearest air conditioned space, so it sounds like they are storage units, or maybe barns.

storing vehicle batteries in a space thats 140F will not do well for the vehicle battery life..

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I have an Amcrest xvr on a shelf in a residents garage about 7.5-8 ft. up where the truss meets the studwall. On a shelf. just experienced the hottest June I can remember. if it's 90 outside im sure its close to 100 or more inside a single stall garage,,,,put it out there in may or June of 2019....still ticking. no special precautions. I have it's replacement sitting on a shelf....preconfigured with 3 Ip cams. waiting for a decent day to go and swap them...