installed update, recording appears to occur but files are never saved

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
same thing. moved to local drive, rebuilt database (did not move files) so clips were blank as expected. did a manual record and clip shows with 0 seconds. cannot play file, new folder is empty.

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
direct to disk. after i said they wouldn't record three cameras did. others still won't. i noticed all my folders show Read only in explorer. i uncheck the box and apply but it doesn't change when i go back and look. odd because the db folder shows the same but it is updating the db. not sure what is up there. i am an admin - only user on the box.

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
is there logging i can view or turn on that may help?

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i think you are on to something. if i turn OFF direct to disk, it seems to work consistently. when it is ON, it won't record. i may have missed that as i was setting it up. of course this hurts bad as i am already fighting 100% CPU issues on this box too. ugh...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i think you are on to something. if i turn OFF direct to disk, it seems to work consistently. when it is ON, it won't record. i may have missed that as i was setting it up. of course this hurts bad as i am already fighting 100% CPU issues on this box too. ugh...
Try simply using h.264 with direct to disc... Not +

Sent via Taptalk

Ispy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try simply using h.264 with direct to disc... Not +

Sent via Taptalk
good memory fenderman. i forgot about that. turned it off on three cameras and all seem to work consistently. i thought i had this issue before i did that but i have changed these so many times it all runs together. i will see how this goes. service installed again and it works that way as well. now if i could figure out my CPU issues (apart from cutting back quality on cameras). thanks! i will update you as to whether or not this sticks.