Install Guidance for Hikvision System

max8383

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Just wanting to get some opinions / guidance on this install im looking to perform on my home.

I've been having some issues to vandalism on my car & home, along with hearing about some neighbors having the same issues as well as break ins. To start off, i'm looking to mount 2 hikvision 2232's off of the roof of the porch each pointing straight down the streets, which i think would give me the best pov to catch any perps on camera. Running them to a hiksion dvr with a wd purple 2tb (see screenshot of my cart on aliexpress). Any thoughts or opinions on this setup? When you set yours up, how do you go about selecting the perfect mounting position before drilling holes, etc? The one main concern i have is that the tree that you see may obscure the vision of one of the cameras (the main one that i would be pointing to my driveway area) so i want to make sure that it looks good before i permanently mount. Thanks for any feedback you can provide :)

Attachments

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know you can't generally go wrong with Hiks of any kind, but if this is not pressing to you I would wait just a tad longer for the 4MP cameras to start hitting the streets and shipping. They seem to be much better picture for both day and night quality.

Also, to test where I wanted mine installed I took a long ethernet cable and drug it around with the camera plugged in trying it in the locations I thought were going to work until I was happy. Then I ran the cable properly and installed the cameras.
Consider also that the cams might need to cross one another to get complete picture with your install, but this will likely cause problems at night with IR shining onto opposing camera. If you skip this however, just know that you might end up with a dead spot where you can't see between the cameras.

max8383

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks ruppmeister. i was thinking what would happen if the cameras crossed streams so to speak lol. Not super concerned about the dead space at the moment but I'm considering getting a smaller dome above the front door that could cover the space between them also.