Inside Camera Recommendation?

mpking828

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm replacing two camera's in my house that were purchased about 5 years ago on a whim. (Dlink 942's)

One covers my hallway, one covers my kitchen. Kitchen is about 11 foot wide by 15 foot long. Hallway is 4 x 15 long. Camera's were mounting in the corner shooting the long way toward the entry doors.

The Dlink camera's were mounted on the wall, just below the ceiling.

I was thinking of getting a HikVision DS-2CD2442FWD-IW, because i have one already in another part of the house, and I like the form factor(Same as the dlink) and it also has audio. (Wife thinks audio is important, I'm not particularly sold since the Dlinks didn't have it, the previous HikVIsion did)

But I'd like to support the forum,
The only IPCT camera with audio is significantly more. More than I want to pay for audio.
So I was looking at the https://store.ipcamtalk.com/shop/ipct-hdw2431r-i/
(Even if I was looking at the audio one, it's the same style it looks)

My question is, how does this style mount?

The HikVision, I just put two screws thru the included hole in the base, and it's mounted. (Then you have to deal with the cable, previously I just put a jack on the wall nearby and a 12inch cat6 cable into the outlet)

Does this mount directly to the wall? Should it be on the ceiling instead of the wall? Does it need a box?