Initial Setup - Dahua IPC-T54IR-ZE-S3

JamieH

n3wb
Reaction score
Folks,

I bought a IPC-T54IR-ZE-S3 over Black Friday. It is working in the camera's web interface and in Blue Iris (I'm running v.5). However, in Blue Iris I'm having issues with zoom control (it won't change the zoom) and for the last two mornings it's gone off-line (but working in the web interface). So, any suggestions for settings in Blue Iris?

Thanks!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How did you add the camera into BI?

It is best to simply type in the IP Address, username, and password and then hit find/inspect and let BI do its thing. For most of us the camera will come up generic.

Keep in mind you have a varifocal camera and those are intended to be a set it and forget it type camera.

As such the zoom and focus should be done within the camera GUI and not BI.

If you can move them in BI that is a bonus, but not every varifocal will react to those controls.

Most of us disable that function in BI for the varifocal cameras because inevitably we end up accidently changing it by mistake and as luck would have it that is when the perp comes thru and it is missed.

JamieH

n3wb
Reaction score
@actran - I made no changes to the PTZ Tab but I can now use the zoom feature in Blue Iris. Not sure why, but I'm happy that's working.

@wittaj - Thank you for trying to help too. I had set the IP address, username and password then used the Find feature of Blue Iris. I do intend to set the varifocal and then leave it unchanged once I'm happy with the coverage area. Then I intend to disable the PTZ function to avoid accidents as you mentioned.

The only remaining problem is that the camera has gone off-line now each morning. Hopefully that's sorted itself out too. I'll be back with questions if the problem persists.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Make sure that either the camera or router or switch doesn't have daily auto-reboot enabled. That could certainly cause the off-line (but not explain the camera GUI working unless you timed it just right).

Novice

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks folks for replying. I thought I'd send a quick follow-up that my camera is no longer going off-line (at least for the last few days). I have no idea what I changed to correct the problem, but it is working so I'm happy.