Infrared strip for plates

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm thinking of installing something like this on my car. There are WAY too many red light/speeding cameras installed lately in my neighborhood. Does anyone know if anyone makes a strip of IR's? Not IR's like flashlights, IR's as in security cameras that human eyes do not see. Or, should I just buy this product?

[url]http://www.sunflexzone.com/product/stealth-anti-tracking-ir-infrared-license-plate-privacy-frame-alpr-countermeasure#.VBEFimN-m3R[/URL]

solidstate

n3wb
Reaction score
How high-tech are you? You can buy IR diode lasers with any wavelength you want. They are about the size of half an AA battery. Cost is maybe $20. I bought a couple to try and make a laser speed-gun jammer but I never got around to it.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Actually the clear to somewhat smoky license plate cover that you buy from any autoparts store is supposed to work well. Only thing is that you can get a ticket for using it. I had mine on for years to just keep my plates nice, but I was warned at my inspection that it's a ticket waiting to happen. I would have kept them on but they got old a cracked a bit. Now I just do the best I can to not get a ticket. So far so good.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It only helps you at night, still get your plate number during the day. Also, by me, they don't use IR for tolling and red light cams, they use white flash with IR filters on the cameras, so not going to help at all here, but good try.