Inexpensive 4x & 10x PTZ - Similar to Huisun PTZ?

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
I received this advertisement the other day from a manufacture I've done minimal business with in the past, however this one caught my eye... Obviously the big picture and a $39 price is what made me do the double take - but that is for the Analog PT model. However I posted the specs on the IP/POE PTZ model below that advertisement.

Sample Cost for the 10x 2.0mp version and DHL shipping to US would come in right about $120-$125...

I did NOT jump on the Huisun bandwagon just because I wasn't a believer, however for $120 to my door I am considering this as a simple trial as I don't want a PTZ at my house, but if it is semi descent I might place it at my business to cover the parking lot/loading dock which currently has standard turrets now.

So with that said - take a look below at the Advertisement and Specs and let me know your initial thoughts if you would, especially if you are a Huisun user, how do these specs compare to what you purchased? I have requested a login to see the interface/firmware and am awaiting that information now. This is not a manufacture that is on AE or deals with online orders, however I have asked about sharing this information on the forum when I requested the demo login link. If they approve I will post the full ad and pricing document but don't want to burn a bridge or push individuals contacting them directly if they don't want it since they normally are a 50 pc minimum manufacture.

PTZ Comp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Pan/tilt figures are in the right ballpark but it's hard to tell from the specs. Huisun claims 300 degrees pan but the OSD numbers on mine go from 0-250. 24 seconds (10.5 degrees/s ish) to go the whole range with the speed slider turned up in the web controls, 34 seconds through Blue Iris (7.3 degrees/sec). Some ads claims a 3.6mm lens on the 10x ptz camera and 5.1-51mm in other places in the same ad. I think some stores are lucky to get the picture right some days. The big unknowns are the low light performance and the firmware features and reliability. Your ad claims 60m IR and Pelco compatibility while some (can't say all because they get specs wrong) Huisun ads claim 80m and I haven't seen Pelco compatibility claims. IR numbers are a guess when reading from a spec sheet. Not sure on anybody's preference for Pelco vs ONVIF. Huisun's low light performance IMHO isn't great unless the subject is right in the glare of the IRs. But the Huisun has great zoom, ONVIF compatibility works fine, and you can get good motion alerts as long as you use it with Blue Iris or possibly a PIR (haven't tested with a PIR yet). Hard to recommend a PIR with a PTZ though because the PIR won't cover everything the camera can, so it's basically a Blue Iris wondercam if you need good motion alerts. Haven't got a clue how the cam in your flyer would stack up without side by side testing but the price is fantastic although that's possibly a result of the 50 piece minimum order. Wonder if there're any guinea pigs who want to test it if they'll ship just one?

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks @Kawboy12R ! That's exactly what I was looking for. I glanced at the two spec sheets but was curious what a real user thought and that's what you gave me.

They'll do a single sample for $122 to my door which is why I am even considering this.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Awesome. I got a Huisun to try out at home before deploying it at work. It's not quite good enough to beat a decent fixed camera for most of my jobs at home but it IS fun to play with and would be great for keeping an eye on the street for facial ID and plates if I wanted to add a 4th camera out front permanently. I wonder if we could find a company that has put one of the new 1/1.8" 3516A sensors in a budget mini PTZ like these things? Now THAT I'd be a guinea pig for. I've seen them in fixed lens PT(no Z) housings but nothing with a good zoom.