Indoor IP Camera for Blue Iris?

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Been running a Eufy indoor PTZ for the last few years just to monitor things in my Shed. Since that camera is starting to have issues,figured I would replcae it with something that I can use with BI. What do you guys/gals suggest? I don't leave a light on,so it's dark in there.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have 4 of these for 3 years connected to Blue Iris ==>> Amcrest ProHD 1080P WiFi Camera 2MP (1920TVL) Indoor Pan/Tilt Security Wireless IP Camera IP2M-841B (Black)

It's a re-branded Dahua and is ONVIF compatible, provides RTSP, is 1080p (Full HD), IR, 2-way audio (with the BI app), has pan/tilt/digital zoom, record to micro SD card, wired or wireless, great with Blue Iris, VLC, etc. Comes with wall/ceiling mount, 1/4"-20 tripod mount female insert on bottom. Available in black or white for under $50, can be mounted upside-down and the image inverted as needed.

It comes with a USB male to USB micro male cord, about 10 feet long and is furnished with a UL-Listed 5VDC @ 1.5A adapter with female Type A USB.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Is the purpose to just have an overview inside of the structure to make sure everything is as you expect it to be?

Not knowing the layout of the building and where the doors are or the camera will be installed I would go with the 5442 or 2431 in 3.6mm.

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is the purpose to just have an overview inside of the structure to make sure everything is as you expect it to be?

Not knowing the layout of the building and where the doors are or the camera will be installed I would go with the 5442 or 2431 in 3.6mm.
Yes, just to keep eye on things.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow. Must be my lucky day.
After seeing the camera it looked familiar,so I decided to see if I had ordered one and just don't remember. Well,I did order the 2K version 4 years ago and had it packed up in a box. Did an update with firmware from 2020. So,looks
like I have my replacement. Any particular settings I should change? I had to do a reset since I forgot all the login credentials.
picture.png

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow. Must be my lucky day.
After seeing the camera it looked familiar,so I decided to see if I had ordered one and just don't remember. Well,I did order the 2K version 4 years ago and had it packed up in a box. Did an update with firmware from 2020. So,looks
like I have my replacement. Any particular settings I should change? I had to do a reset since I forgot all the login credentials.
View attachment 158230
Be sure to disable uPNP and P2P in network settings.
If F/W is 2020 it should work OK with a Chromium-based browser.

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Disabled uPNP and P2P was already disabled. Yeah,looking at the video feed now on Brave browser.

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you have motion detection setup on the Amcrest? I have tried in the camera and BI and I can't get my emails to work when the motion is triggered. I have tested the emails and I do get the test emails.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the BI manual states that sometimes not all types of notifications will work based on a setup or camera or phone

From the manual pdf...
Note that when testing, the action set runs in the console UI process. If you are running Blue
Iris as a service in the background, “real” action sets run in the service process, and this can
create discrepancies in what you experience

I have noticed a few things that don't work from the alerts. Maybe this is one of those instances with yours? But email shouldn't be one of those issues?

And maybe try the old reboot the computer and if that didn't work then remove and add the camera trick!

spoony77

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry to jump in on this thread but I'm hoping for some tips/advice.
I have one of these Amcrest IP cams that I bought a few years ago, but I haven't used it as someone worried me about using the p2p android app and its potential vulnerabilities. If any of you guys could point me in the right direction of how to connect to it and update it and use some safe software to view it from inside and outside my network that would me amazing, as it seems a shame to never have used it.
Thanks in advance.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
I have one of these Amcrest IP cams that I bought a few years ago, but I haven't used it as someone worried me about using the p2p android app and its potential vulnerabilities. If any of you guys could point me in the right direction of how to connect to it and update it and use some safe software to view it from inside and outside my network that would me amazing, as it seems a shame to never have used it.
Thanks in advance.
These two go hand-in-hand:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks in advance.
Which exact Amcrest camera?

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
“That's the problem with assumption, you make an ass out of u and mption.”
― Original author, unknown