Indoor camera

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What's the current recommendation for indoor cameras? These would be on my first floor where it's hard to get an Ethernet cable down. Is wifi okay for two indoor cameras? Living room and kitchen.

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Awesome thank you! I was looking at the amcrest. Id have to drill out from my second floor and back into the first because I can't figure out how to get the cable down the wall through the floors lol.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome thank you! I was looking at the amcrest. Id have to drill out from my second floor and back into the first because I can't figure out how to get the cable down the wall through the floors lol.
I have three 841's, 2 are pet cams and 1 is wired; the 2 wireless have a dedicated Asus RT-N66U wireless router set to AP mode (DHCP server disabled, LAN assigned a unique static IP) and are pretty darned steady, nothing else is on that wireless. The signal goes around a corner then about 50 feet and through a window to one, through a window and about 20 ft. to the other, house is solid brick. I imagine it'll make it though the floor relatively easy.

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have three 841's, 2 are pet cams and 1 is wired; the 2 wireless have a dedicated Asus RT-N66U wireless router set to AP mode (DHCP server disabled, LAN assigned a unique static IP) and are pretty darned steady, nothing else is on that wireless. The signal goes around a corner then about 50 feet and through a window to one, through a window and about 20 ft. to the other, house is solid brick. I imagine it'll make it though the floor relatively easy.
Oh good to know! Conveniently I have a unifi AP in my staircase that can handle the cameras.