in the BI 4 app, can you configure it from iPhone to PUSH with an e-mail or text?

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all (especially Fenderman) on the BI 4 iPhone app I can't see where I can set a PUSH from the iPhone app to alert by either e-mail or text, can it be done from the app? Thanks, Adam Farber

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all (especially Fenderman) on the BI 4 iPhone app I can't see where I can set a PUSH from the iPhone app to alert by either e-mail or text, can it be done from the app? Thanks, Adam Farber
This is set in the server

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Rats Fenderman, thanks for answering and I knew I could set it in the server but when I was away from home I wanted to be able to turn those pushes on or off in case I did not want to get the pushes continually. Anyway, thanks again, Adam

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Rats Fenderman, thanks for answering and I knew I could set it in the server but when I was away from home I wanted to be able to turn those pushes on or off in case I did not want to get the pushes continually. Anyway, thanks again, Adam
That can be adjusted via profiles and or traffic signal via the app, but the initial setup of profiles and traffic signal must be done in the server...

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey Fenderman, so I decided to just use the PUSH through the app where it should PUSH the alert to my phone with an alert to the app (not e-mail or text) but I can't get it to alert my phone? When I manually enable either Send an SMS text message or Send an e-mail message under alerts in the BI software on my PC those both work so those options work fine. On the iPhone app I have the PUSH on and in my BI PC software I can see under Alerts that the PUSH notification to mobile app is checked it looks like my firewall in the PC is set to let the app through unless there is some special step I need to do there? Anyway, please let me know what I can check. Thanks, Adam Farber

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Fenderman, so I decided to just use the PUSH through the app where it should PUSH the alert to my phone with an alert to the app (not e-mail or text) but I can't get it to alert my phone? When I manually enable either Send an SMS text message or Send an e-mail message under alerts in the BI software on my PC those both work so those options work fine. On the iPhone app I have the PUSH on and in my BI PC software I can see under Alerts that the PUSH notification to mobile app is checked it looks like my firewall in the PC is set to let the app through unless there is some special step I need to do there? Anyway, please let me know what I can check. Thanks, Adam Farber
blue iris options>mobile, is your device checked?

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes Sir. I only have one phone (iPhone 6) and it's checked. Adam

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman, that was certainly simple enough and I logged in, made sure the app worked which it did, when to Mobile devices and checked the box, sent a test and it said it went to the phone but it did not. Adam

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman, that was certainly simple enough and I logged in, made sure the app worked which it did, when to Mobile devices and checked the box, sent a test and it said it went to the phone but it did not. Adam
blue iris options >users make sure alerts and notifications are enabled on the bottom left.
also push notifications are profile specific so check that..
what exact version of BI are you using?

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman, I am using the latest version of BI, 4.7.2.2 x64. Under BI ALERTS-USERS I don't see anything that is exactly "Alerts and notifications"? As for PROFILES I have never done anything with it, here is a pic of BI Options-Profiles if that helps. Thanks, Adam

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman, I am using the latest version of BI, 4.7.2.2 x64. Under BI ALERTS-USERS I don't see anything that is exactly "Alerts and notifications"? As for PROFILES I have never done anything with it, here is a pic of BI Options-Profiles if that helps. Thanks, Adam
the alerts and notification settings is the users tab...click on the user name
alerts are profile specific to the profile you select in the drop down...so if you are using multiple profiles, you must first select the profile you want to change from the dropdown in the alert tab.

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman, under the ALERT tab for each camera they are all profile 1 ACTIVE so that is fine. Under the user tab for the user name on bottom left under NOTIFICATIONS I have all PUSH notification boxes checked and the box that says ALERT and STATUS counters is checked. Adam

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman, under the ALERT tab for each camera they are all profile 1 ACTIVE so that is fine. Under the user tab for the user name on bottom left under NOTIFICATIONS I have all PUSH notification boxes checked and the box that says ALERT and STATUS counters is checked. Adam
ensure blue iris is set to profile 1 or no profile at all which defaults to 1...the dropdown does not set the profile, its allows changes on a per profile basis, so for example, you can have alerts for profile 1 but no alerts when set to profile 2.
otherwise i am not sure what the problem is...are you running the latest phone app?

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman, I actually have no profiles scheduled so I am not using any profiles. How do I tell if I have the latest phone app? Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman, I actually have no profiles scheduled so I am not using any profiles. How do I tell if I have the latest phone app? Thanks
easiest way is to see if there are any updates in the app store.

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman, I know you are trying because all your options are good, I should have mentioned I tried that also but no help...Adams