In search of a Wi-Fi camera

Robertomcat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello, good afternoon.

I have to buy a Wi-Fi camera, and I was having a look at the Dahua brand ones. Although there are not many to choose from, there are a couple of them that are very similar but one letter changes in the model and I don't know what it refers to (there are also many other letters and some numbers that I don't know either).

Searching in the Dahua Wiki I haven't found a description that can tell me what each letter and number of the camera model means. Is there a link where I can find this description?

I've been looking at Xiaomi models and so on, but I don't want to rely on a third party app, I just need it to have the option to send an email when it detects motion and make a recording to an SD card.

The camera model I've been looking at is IPC-HDW1230DT-SAW but there is another completely identical one which is IPC-HDW1230DT-STW and only the penultimate letter changes.

Thank you very much.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
See this PDF file ==>> here.

In the case of the 2 you mentioned, as best as I can tell both have mics, the "STW" suffix also has a speaker.

The dahauwiki here is supposed to be from 2021 but who knows...Dahua could mess up a one car funeral, IMO.

Robertomcat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
See this PDF file ==>> here.

In the case of the 2 you mentioned, as best as I can tell both have mics, the "STW" suffix also has a speaker.

The dahauwiki here is supposed to be from 2021 but who knows...Dahua could mess up a one car funeral, IMO.
That is exactly what I was looking for. I think the PDF is more up to date than the Wiki. Thank you very much!