Impossible to make changes to camera settings with 3840X2160 laptop screen and IE

agurkas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am having a terrible time with changing settings for my Dahua cameras. Plugin in IE places video image over the settings
I use Dell XPS 15" laptop with 3840X2160 screen. To change settings I have to change my monitor resolution below 1080 pixels in vertical

Any solutions to this problem besides every time having to change screen resolution?

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
When you are playing with those settings, it looks like you maximized the view box and will open a different window. If you look in the window behind it it is blank and that is the default or minimized setting. I know you cannot see much easily when its in the small default box but that is what is happening. If you hit your escape key will it go back to the smaller view ?

apture.jpg

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You could try this or something similar. Your folder structure may be slightly different.
------------------------------------------------------------
Please try the below steps for issues with the web interface of IP camera/DVR showing disproportionate image in Internet Explorer.
1) Please navigate to C:/Program Files.
2) Go to the folder named 'Webrec'.
3) Go to the folder named 3.0.0.3
4) Right Click on the WebActiveX and go to 'Properties'.
5) Click on the 'Compatibility' tab and check the box 'Override high DPI scaling behavior ' and select 'Application' for 'Scaling performed by'.
6) Click on apply and OK and now restart internet explorer.
------------------------------------------------------------

agurkas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I installed Pale Moon 32 bit and long behold no more playing with browser zoom and/or changing screen resolution hell. THANK YOU!!!