Import cameras from a older registred version to a new registred version, only cameras not other settings.

TheSwede

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi !
I have some BI machines running just for test, and want to import a lot of cameras from a old version.
Only cameras, no other setting as they may differ from the old version to the new version.
Is there a way to do that without getting the serial number and other settings included ?
I'm lazy and done it some times the manual way.

I don't want to test and bork up the newest machine/version...

Brgds TheSwede

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is best to set up from scratch so some wonky stuff doesn't come over, but if you are ok with that chance, then you can export out each camera by itself and just the that camera settings are in that export.

TheSwede

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Tnx for quick answer !
Ok, thats what I was afraid of doing then i'l just do it the manual way.

Brgds

nickh66

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi !
I have some BI machines running just for test, and want to import a lot of cameras from a old version.
Only cameras, no other setting as they may differ from the old version to the new version.
Is there a way to do that without getting the serial number and other settings included ?
I'm lazy and done it some times the manual way.

I don't want to test and bork up the newest machine/version...

Brgds TheSwede
Hi, If the old system is still running you can backup each camera individually. Perhaps do that first then test the import on the new system.

TheSwede

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok, tnx will try that.
Instead of buy a extended licences i buy a new licens then i have old systems to play with but its frustrating to rebuild totaly every year and a half.
Easy done as its virtualized.
But each time ist getting better
Brgds

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok, tnx will try that.
Instead of buy a extended licences i buy a new licens then i have old systems to play with but its frustrating to rebuild totaly every year and a half.
Easy done as its virtualized.
But each time ist getting better
Brgds
Why do you need to rebuild it? My BI system has now been running for approx 3 years and counting and I’ve never had to rebuild it?

TheSwede

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes its running stabile!
Ni problem at all, but the updates is not available after 1 year and the IPhone certificate needs renewal.
The price for ext support is almost as a new license so i build a new virtuel instance..

Now i have multiple instances..

Next time i Will extend the support.

Last edited: