IMOU (Dahua) NVR virtual host not working... losing my mind

Reaction score
Hi,

Hw info:
NVR: IMOU N14P
Cam: IPC-F22A

i have a background as a technical support for Hikvision... So i know a fair bit about cameras and NVRs but not everything.

i have a problem connecting from my PC to the IP-cam HTML Gui. The cams are connected to the PoE interface of the NVR. Now in HIK I would just activate the virtual host function, get an IP-address with a port added at the end and you could use that right away. With this NVR however i activate the virtual host function and then when i try to connect via the address that i am given "IP of nvr with port on the end":650001 the browser just says "this page cannot be reached"

The NVR and computer is on the same subnet on my UniFi router.

I've tried about all that i can think of to get this to work i even SSHed into the NVR to try to get it to route the cameras from the PoE switch to my network... No success.

And the IMOU support is just telling me my router and NVR needs to be on the same subnet, which they are.

The virtual host function is there, it should work.

Please help before i go nuts :D

Edit: added pictures of the network related settings in the NVR

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unless you are doing something weird with your networking you don't need a virtual host with Dahua like you do with a Hik.

Simply hit the blue e on the right in the column labeled webpage and it will take you to the camera GUI

1678309240917.png

d5775927

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi,

Hw info:

i have a background as a technical support for Hikvision... So i know a fair bit about cameras and NVRs but not everything.

i have a problem connecting from my PC to the IP-cam HTML Gui. The cams are connected to the PoE interface of the NVR. Now in HIK I would just activate the virtual host function, get an IP-address with a port added at the end and you could use that right away. With this NVR however i activate the virtual host function and then when i try to connect via the address that i am given "IP of nvr with port on the end":650001 the browser just says "this page cannot be reached"

I've tried about all that i can think of to get this to work i even SSHed into the NVR to try to get it to route the cameras from the PoE switch to my network... No success.

And the IMOU support is just telling me my router and NVR needs to be on the same subnet, which they are.

Please add a screenshot of the error you get, there are some ports that require special config to be set in the browser.

Reaction score
Please add a screenshot of the error you get, there are some ports that require special config to be set in the browser.
okay, because if the virtual host is inactive the blue “e” is grayed out and I cannot click it.

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just add a static route in your router to your NVR subnet.
Say your home network is 192.168.x.x and your NVR camera network is 10.1.x.x.

I can't tell you specifically how to do that in your router but by adding a static route to 10.1.x.x which points to your NVR you can just browse straight to your cameras.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The browser is blocking that 65001 port as a security measure.
The other higher numbeted NATted ports will be ok.
A forum search will show some more detail.

Reaction score
Just add a static route in your router to your NVR subnet.
Say your home network is 192.168.x.x and your NVR camera network is 10.1.x.x.

I can't tell you specifically how to do that in your router but by adding a static route to 10.1.x.x which points to your NVR you can just browse straight to your cameras.
Thanks, i tried this, no luck so far. i've attached my attempt at making the static route.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Would it be to difficult at this point to factory reset everything and try over.

Unlike the Hik, the Dahua automatically sets it up to allow you to do what you want and I think in your attempts to mimic how the Hik does it, it has messed something up.

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks, i tried this, no luck so far. i've attached my attempt at making the static route.
After adding the static route what address are you using to access a camera?

Edit: I would probably also change the distance field to 1.

Last edited:

Limefun

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi. Were you able to fix this issue? I have a red dot issue with N14p - F22AE kit. I am going crazy but cannot configure 3 of 4 cameras to green..

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi,

Hw info:

You can't. You have to login to the NVR and use the blue IE button.

I'm not smart enough of a networking guy to tell you why, but I believe its a security item.