Imou cruiser 2 5mp firmware upgrade failed

orividerci

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello please help fix strong red light isuse , i purchased camera yesterday, its new its worked anything good, when imou application asked upgrade firmware i do it after it
i got message unable upgrade firmware ,and camera go offline, and not but up please note, its always on power and no ac isuse why and how this is possible happened i
saved video please help

Reaction score
SOLUTION :)

Hello,
Good day to you!
If the camera encounters a power outage or network disconnection when updating firmware, it will indeed cause the device to become bricked and the indicator light to be solid red.
Please kindly view the attached firmware compressed package and the operation file on how to upgrade the firmware through the SD card.
In addition, I have also attached a how-to video for your reference: Finally, I need to explain that this method cannot completely guarantee that the device can return to normal. If you try this method but the device still keeps the red light on, we recommend after-sales service for the product.
Any futher questions, you could also reach to us via Live Chat in Imou Life App.
Best regards,
IMOU Support Team

Attachments:

sd_update_LC_IPC-Consumer-Hai-Riemann_Eng_P_8192FTV_V2.800.0000000.15.R.230708.rar (6.16MB) ( period of validity 2025-05-23 14:47:05)

How to upgrade firmware with SD card.pdf (28.09KB) ( period of validity 2025-05-23 14:47:05)
Jose Cavalheri
2024-05-23 00:47:43

Dear IMOU Team,

I request a download of the old firmware version of the Imou Cruiser camera model IPC-S42FP-D-0360B. ( full model on picture below)
The camera was in perfect condition and working everything as expected. Suddenly a request of a new firmware appeared on imou app and after installing the update ( as I normally do with my other cameras, including this one in the past) the camera becomes faulty ( no more connection , becoming online, nor with a TCP cable or after reset --> Totally bricked? )

I request a download from a basic firmware version, which I can upload via micro SD in the camera ( Attention, not accessible fia imou app, imou desktop or even dahua tool for finding the IPC camera.).
Only option is Micro SD as I can see. If this is not an option, what kind of compensation can you give ( warranty unfortunately was gone last january/24 :-( )

Any option for restoring the firmware? Any other option in case is not viable this solution?
image.png

Attachments