IMOU Bullet 2 - How to access WiFi on BI

Dewcal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am running BI 5.4.1.1 and have just obtained an IMOU Bullet 2 WiFi camera. Posting here as I believe IMOU is the consumer version of Dahau - please move if in the wrong place.

I have set up the camera using the IMOU Life android app and have connected the Wifi to my network. I can see live images on the android app when either the ethernet or wifi connections are in place.

The MAC addresses on the camera (ethernet & wifi) have their own fixed IP addresses courtesy of my router.

Adding these cameras to BI, I have managed to see an image using the ethernet cable and the string (rtsp:/admin:XXXXXX@xx.x.x.xx:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif) without the brackets and Bi functions fine in terms of alerts etc.

However, my problem is that I cannot get an image when I set the IP addresses to the WiFi MAC in BI. Do I need to use a different "string" to achieve this?

Any help you can give would be appreciated as the camera is only of any use to me if I can get the WiFi to work with BI. Using the "IMOU Life" app is definitely not an option.... Also, is there any way that this camera can be accessed via a browser? FF, Chrome and IE all time out when I try.

If you do give me the courtesy of some help please make your answers as idiot-proof as possible!

TIA
Dave

JonSnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
use the IMOU preset in BI, you don't need the password in the stream link. I have the IOOC and it works great with BI.

/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

You can use the Dahua config tool to configure most things, sadly spotlight/siren settings requires the app.

Dewcal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@JonSnow
Many thanks for reply, but unfortunately it still fails to work for me. Thanks for info re toolbox / config tools - spotlight and siren both turned off in app.

Even some of the config settings report "no connection" so will have to dig further. Annoyingly the WiFi image via the app is still good.
Thanks again.

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
i got imou turret and the following works for me maybe give it a try:
In BI camera settings,

Select make as Generic / ONVIF
Model as RTSP H.264/H.265/MJPG/MPEG4
Stream profiles:

/cam/realmonitor?channel={CAMNO}&subtype=0&authbasic={AUTH64}

Last edited:

Dewcal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@holiday
Many thanks for your information - once again it fails to work for me!
To demonstrate my lack of knowledge, do I need to replace the {CAMNO} with anything? Or do {} act as a form of "wildcard"?

I note under the Dahau config tool that the port is shown as 37777 - do I need to change the rstp port in BI to match? I can see no way to change the port in the config tool.

Thanks again.

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
no need to change anything just copy and paste the string: /cam/realmonitor?channel={CAMNO}&subtype=0&authbasic={AUTH64}

Also how do u know what is your imou wifi ipaddress ? did you give it a static ip ?

here's my screenshot:

imou_setting.jpg

Dewcal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@holiday
Thanks for the further information and screenshot - mine is below and, regrettably, BI will not get an image.

IMOU.jpg.

I give most of the "static" kit I have a fixed IP address via my router and I have done this with both the ethernet and WiFi MAC addresses.

Again I can see an image in BI if connected via a cable which is of no use for the intended application. Am image can be seen via the android app on wifi but again of no use to me.

Thanks again for trying to help.