IMHO China will invade and/or blockade Taiwan before the end of 2024

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
China's big chance is to do it while the Dementia-in-Chief is still the president. If they don't do it this year they may have to wait a long time before their next best chance comes along. It's true that China might not feel they are prepared as they are still building up their navy but Japan has finally ramped up it's efforts to guard against the eventual and with Taiwan's recent election I expect the Taiwanese to dig in deeper and quicker to prepare. Many predictions that China simply can't do it this year due to economic factors but the experts are using western thinking to make their predictions. But, if the shadow gubermint can keep puppet in the Oatmeal Office for 4 more years then perhaps China will wait a few more years. All I know, regardless of Taiwan, things are going to be getting very interesting by this time next year.

wrapter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Glenn Beck said on PBD podcast that when he spoke with some officials from the intelligence agencies, they said that USA plan would be to blow up the TSMC and other semiconductor facilities in Taiwan to stop China from moving in. While this may or may not stop china, what it will do is piss the rest of the world who depend on Taiwan. No more new cars, phones, nothing for the rest of the decade for the entire world.

wrapter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
China from a Military POV is not yet ready to take Taiwan
The way they will take it is by using drones to take out the air defense or waste the air defense on drones. Once they take it out they will air drop them. Sea attack invasion will follow it.

Russia ukraine israel wars have shown that drones slip through the air defenses.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The way they will take it is by using drones to take out the air defense or waste the air defense on drones. Once they take it out they will air drop them. Sea attack invasion will follow it.

Russia ukraine israel wars have shown that drones slip through the air defenses.
Yes drones have changed warfare a lot .. and all Taiwan needs is drones to hit the sea borne landing troops while they are on transit ..

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I would not put it past the Chinese to level Taipei then scrape the ruins off then build a new city.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score