Image issue

secplus

n3wb
Reaction score
So, I;m trying out this 4-1 camera, using CVI protocol, feeding a 4ch Dahua OEM DVR....In the day it looks fine, but at night, I get this square in the image, and it only goes away when there's heavy light like a car coming thru.. During the day, it looks really good, and then horrible. I attached stills....any ideas?

Attachments

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
two of your images look like the low winter sun is shining into it; you need to re-frame it.. is this a dome?

the other two images look pretty typical.

secplus

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes they are domes.

The camera I had there before, a 720p, never game me these issues with the frame and then the glare of the sun. This camera is a leftover on a job that was using themy with Hikvision DVR via TVI, and they look excellent, I'm starting to wonder if it has something to do with the protocol (CVI), it's labeled as a 1080p 2.4mp camera. Let me find the part number and I'll post it.

I got this one to test out, I have another one that's a 4-1 solution, also using cvi protocol. I have attached images to show how that one works.

Attachments

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Reset it to factory default settings. Looks like the exposure isn't fast enough on the blown out sunshiny pic and the rectangle might be an ROI highlight.