Image corruption with QVR Pro on 1 camera only.

pr1970

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey All

I have 8 cameras connected to QVR Pro either WIFI or CAT 6/7 wired. All run fine apart from a Wired Reolink camera that I'm getting corrupted frames, just a small section. Heres a screen grab from the top of one frame.

1704277233489.png

The image is fine on the cameras own settings page and also i tried on AnyCam app which is also fine.
Settings on QVR are the same as the camera.
2560x1440
18FPS
Max Bitrate 4096 (also tried 1024)
H264

Any ideas what could be going on. I have 4 other cameras from different brands wired in much the same into a network switch, and then into the QNAP.

Thanks

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Per Reolink support, try reducing your camera's max bitrate or switch to the fluent mode. To do that, either log into the camera's webGUI using it's IP address in a browser or use their app as in this YT video:

EDIT 1/3/24 0614 CT: reading more about what they call a "mosaic or broken image issue", it has to do with the cam unable to encode a "complicated image" and I'd say that your treeline is "complicated" although quality cam's such as Dahua and Hikvision don't have as much trouble processing similar images.

Their next suggestion is to upgrade the firmware. When doing so there can be the risk of bricking the cam but IMO an image with that corruption is useless. Besides if it bricks, you've only lost a Reolink camera that you can replace with a Dahua or (Loryta or Amcrest, both OEM'd by Dahua) or Hikvison or a Hikvision-OEM'd camera. The only Reolink camera recommended on IPCT is pretty much only their Video Doorbell....it's a keeper.

Last edited:

pr1970

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Per Reolink support, try reducing your camera's max bitrate or switch to the fluent mode. To do that, either log into the camera's webGUI using it's IP address in a browser or use their app as in this YT video:

Thanks was trying all of that but I noticed that in QVR Pro camera settings it was using about 4Mbps , i reduced down to 2048 and 10 fps and now its better, still occasional corruption but less. If i went to a lower resolution that cured it. But rather have the resolution and the occasional glitch.

pr1970

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
"Their next suggestion is to upgrade the firmware. When doing so there can be the risk of bricking the cam but IMO an image with that corruption is useless. Besides if it bricks, you've only lost a Reolink camera that you can replace with a Dahua or (Loryta or Amcrest, both OEM'd by Dahua) or Hikvison or a Hikvision-OEM'd camera. The only Reolink camera recommended on IPCT is pretty much only their Video Doorbell....it's a keeper."

Yeah I do have Dahua and Hikvision elsewhere which I dont have any issues with. I think i went Reolink because it was cheap (half the price) and it had AI Human/Pet detection that works.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks was trying all of that but I noticed that in QVR Pro camera settings it was using about 4Mbps , i reduced down to 2048 and 10 fps and now its better, still occasional corruption but less. If i went to a lower resolution that cured it. But rather have the resolution and the occasional glitch.
Thanks for sharing your "cure"...maybe that will help another hapless Reolink victim user. :cool: