Image capture delays

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
I know alot of peeps cannot get email working on there nvr`s but mine have always been ok so dont hate me

i was just wondering why there is a delay between image capture from a camera connected to a NVR to actually receiving the image via email

no matter what device receives the mail there is always around a 20min delay ?? anyone have any thoughts as to why this occurs

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
because your email client only checks emails once every 20mins?

It gets sent instantly presuming you are on a decent enough connection to get an image out in a few seconds.

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
it could have been the reason nayr if as you say the client is set to poll with that amount of time but my clients are set to poll either immediate or 1 minute dependent on the client

You feel the nvr`s send immediately then ?? i`m using Hik equipment dont forget not Dahua, maybe hik stuff has a delay ??

connections here in the Uk these days are pretty good, in fact i dont even look at speeds anymore, its kinda a given that everything is high speed

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
hik stuff has no delay, its either your client or provider thats introducing the delay.. mebe because it has attachments its getting sent off to a virus scanning queue

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
confusing... my mail client says todays date 03/10/2016 23:04 but the sent column shows the email as sent on the 04/10/2016 00:04 a whole hour extra

i examined the message and because i am using google the NVR message gets pushed out to Pacific time and somewhere along the route there and back to me it picks up an hour ??

how ever the message does not arrive an hour late, the delay is still in testing but prelim results show gmail addy to gmail addy quicker than gmail addy to web server mail and onto my pc

Last edited by a moderator:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
might be some dst screwyness... is the min accurate to when the event occurred?

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
might be some dst screwyness... is the min accurate to when the event occurred?
Yeah defo some screwyness somewhere, the event is exact in all respects except the message that arrives on my Pc shows the message as being sent 1 hour after the event ??? which is impossible because that time has not been reached yet lol

Maybe Hikvision can see into the future and these are future events.... what with Nasa and shutting down ISS feeds and now this... i need one of your tin foil hats :)

duno, for now i`m off to hit the sack, the real time here is 23:23 and i`m done, laterz nayr