I'm against CCTV unless its my own. Just me?

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not sure why I hold this weird double standard, but I'm perfectly fine having 800000 cameras on my house recording everyone going by

But, for some reason my biggest annoyance is things like these parking lot cameras. Is it just me that has this?

1609083102187.png

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not sure why I hold this weird double standard, but I'm perfectly fine having 800000 cameras on my house recording everyone going by

But, for some reason my biggest annoyance is things like these parking lot cameras. Is it just me that has this?

View attachment 77859
I hear ya Brother, we are becoming more like China/Russia

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't really have a problem with the parking lot/street cams. They do probably serve a purpose. But I do have a problem with homes I rent on AirBNB and VRBO that have cameras. The first thing I do when I get there is survey the entire house looking for cams, then find the NVR/DVR and disable it while I am there. I have gone to the point to buy some lock picks so I can get into locked closets to disable, other wise just pull the power cord to cam if within reach.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score

Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. Personally I'd be thrilled if everyone on my street put up cameras like mine, and the businesses around me as well. The alternative is going into the grocery store, coming back after shopping to find that a gang of thieves have broken into your car, and having the store owners and the police shrug at you when you complain.

There's really no expectation of privacy in public, or on someone else's property. And when you think about it, you're being watched far more effectively via your online activity, your credit card usage, and your smartphone geolocation service. I just shrug and don't worry about it. It's the modern world.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

View attachment 77859
I WANT one of those!!!..

Perfect for those wanting a battery / solar powered 24x7 recording solution... ( we get asked for that a lot here on ipcamtalk )

rahhazar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
any camera view from those lot cops, did not find a camera view on youtube.