IE Tab

bslow47

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello all,

I use to view my IP cams directly with Microsoft explorer. Then I had to use the extension IE Tab. Now IE Tab will no longer allow me to view my cameras directly.
Does anyone have and Idea what I can use or do to IE tab to get to work. I can log into the camera and everything is there just not the live video feed.

Thanks,

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

stoneyc

n3wb
Reaction score
Explorer is still there and ways to get it back.

buy new cameras that work with edge there is some that do all mine do

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
buy new cameras that work with edge there is some that do all mine do
Even in 2024, many brand new cameras coming off the line are still requiring Internet Explorer and the plug-in in many instances. Some cameras are better than others, but IE is the standard if you don't want problems. You can think it will work with Edge all you want LOL, but the fact of the matter is even with the newest firmware, folks that can look "under the hood" of the firmware have shown even the brand new cameras with the newest firmware GUI 5.0 (white GUI instead of the existing grey) suffer in some instances with not using Internet Explorer.

And many don't realize they are missing features until they actually try opening the camera in plain Explorer. And for some the added features aren't needed so they don't care if they don't see them.

Here was another bug with a brand new T54IR-ZE-S3 camera that came out Q4 of 2023 running the new GUI that is supposed to work fine with Edge....the download of videos off the SD card is limited to 10Mbps using Edge, but will do 100Mbps with Explorer...

Downloading videos files directly from camera via web interface (using other than IE) seems to be capped at *TEN* Mbps

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I cant recall what voodoo I went through to get it, but using Edge in IE mode works for me on most cams and my NVR.
(you can tell easy on the NVR in Playback if you can see these icons circled in red)
nvr-playback-Edge-IEmode.jpg edge-iemode.jpg

Now I have a couple of older 5442s that work in Edge but wont open in IE mode? Go figure.

And if all else fails, I can still use most in Pale Moon 32

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FWIW, I have 2 Amcrest IP2M-841 v3's (Dahua OEM) with 2019 f/w that want Chromium-based (Edge, Brave, Chrome) browser to view live video and/or make changes but IE can make settings changes with no live video. :wtf: