IDS-2CD7A46G0/P-IZHS cant detect clear picture of plate of car

farparanff

n3wb
Reaction score
hello guys!

I need yuor openion regarding my ANPR camera. I already make the configurations last night. and this video was from last night. still the plate can't be properly read. Please advise .

thanks
View attachment anpr.mp4

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
You're going to need to zoom in a LOT more. Different camera, but this is the image on my LPR cams.

1694537127868.png

You could also do with a better angle there. Fast traffic at that angle will be a challenge to get perfect

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Faster shutter speed, zoom in and push entire camera view a bit up.

ANPR is not meant for good image, but for licence capture.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Agree on all of the above. You need a tighter zoom - ideally not much bigger than the size of a car.

And a faster shutter.

Keep in mind that this is a camera dedicated to plates and not an overview camera also. It is as much an art as it is a science. You will need two cameras if you want to capture more than plates. For LPR we need to OPTICALLY zoom in tight to make the plate as large as possible. For most of us, all you see is the not much more than a vehicle in the entire frame. Now maybe in the right location during the day it might be able to see some other things, but not at night.

At night, we have to run a very fast shutter speed (1/2,000) and in B/W with IR and the image will be black. All you will see are head/tail lights and the plate. Some people can get away with color if they have enough street lights, but most of us cannot. It is hard to tell if that is enough light without any idea what the shutter speed is.

1675078711764.png

See the LPR subforum for more details.