iDMSS APP Question

anthonyc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

Today I was using the older version of the iDMSS app (only to test something). Yes, I have the newer DMSS which I use primarily.

I was playing with a PTZ camera and pressed the following button by mistake and ended up with the dreaded "purple" hue. Other posts suggest it may be the IR Cut filter. Does this button have anything to do with that? Is it possible?

I tried resetting camera settings, and "banging" the camera, along with a strong magnet but no go. Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_4231.jpg

IMG_4230.JPG

anthonyc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can anyone chime in on this or have I posted in the wrong section? Any help is appreciated!

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
I tried resetting camera settings, and "banging" the camera, along with a strong magnet but no go. Any help would be appreciated.
Oof... 'Percussive calibration' is never a good thing.

I have found that sometimes (operative word... sometimes) switching away from H.264 (click apply), then switch back.
Try accessing the camera via Internet Exploder directly to ensure it is not your NVR/DVR. While you're in the GUI, try forcing it in to night mode, and back to day/auto

anthonyc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Oof... 'Percussive calibration' is never a good thing.

I have found that sometimes (operative word... sometimes) switching away from H.264 (click apply), then switch back.
Try accessing the camera via Internet Exploder directly to ensure it is not your NVR/DVR. While you're in the GUI, try forcing it in to night mode, and back to day/auto
Thanks for the reply... That didn't work but the manufacture suggested I call +101 and +102 preset for the PTZ which changed the picture from black/white to color and turns black/white when there's no light however I do not hear the typical "clicking" sound of the filter still. I only tested this indoors so I haven't noticed a difference in picture but I know for sure I could usually hear that click. Any ideas?