i5-2400 on ebay for $126

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I came across this today:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-SFF-i5-2400-3-1-GHz-4-GB-DDR3-250-GB-HDD-DVDRW-Win-7-Pro-64-Cheap-PC-/311473156413?hash=item48853f313d:g:Lk0AAOSwwbdWIlL7

i5-2400 (quad core, 3.1 GHz)
4 GB RAM
250 GB HDD
Small form factor
Windows 7

It is a few generations old but looks completely functional and for $126 with free shipping it is a steal.

This would be a good inexpensive Blue Iris box for perhaps up to 8 cameras with conservative frame rates and direct to disk enabled. I just bought one for exactly that purpose.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It turns out the actual shipped machine was an i3-2100, in direct opposition to the description and photos which said it was an i5-2400. At first look, the other specs are accurate (memory, HDD, OS, chassis). Anyway this means the computer is about 60% of the expected speed, and as a result it is not nearly as good for Blue Iris.

I asked for a $50 refund to keep the machine. The seller declined, and offered to send a $20 refund and two additional 4GB RAM sticks as compensation. The alternative option being to box it back up for a full refund. So I opted to keep the PC as my dad will be able to use it somewhere for his HAM radio hobby. The adjusted price is more than competitive for a PC with these specs.

I don't know if this was a dishonest listing or if it was a genuine accident that they sold me an i3 under the name of i5. We'll see how they follow through with their "compensation" before I leave feedback on ebay.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It turns out the actual shipped machine was an i3-2100, in direct opposition to the description and photos which said it was an i5-2400. At first look, the other specs are accurate (memory, HDD, OS, chassis). Anyway this means the computer is about 60% of the expected speed, and as a result it is not nearly as good for Blue Iris.

I asked for a $50 refund to keep the machine. The seller declined, and offered to send a $20 refund and two additional 4GB RAM sticks as compensation. The alternative option being to box it back up for a full refund. So I opted to keep the PC as my dad will be able to use it somewhere for his HAM radio hobby. The adjusted price is more than competitive for a PC with these specs.

I don't know if this was a dishonest listing or if it was a genuine accident that they sold me an i3 under the name of i5. We'll see how they follow through with their "compensation" before I leave feedback on ebay.
That seller deserves negative feedback. He made a very big mistake and then he offered the customer compensation which ameliorated HIS expense.