I think I've bricked my DS-2CD2132F-IS Camera - Need help please?

tmazid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm a newbie with this camera( and with CCTV's in general) so would really appreciate some expert help.

I bought the DS-2CD2132F-IS camera from ebay (with firmware 5.2.5 Build 141201) and unfortunately the previous owner couldn't remember the admin password, but knew an operator username and password for the camera. I was told that if I upgraded the firmware (5.3.0), it would reset back to default (admin and 12345) but I think I bricked it, as I'm not able to get a response now from the camera.

I've located the reset button in the camera and held it down for 10sec on camera power on, but i still get the occassion ping response on 192.0.0.64 and then nothing and then a few minutes later some more responses. I've tried to perform a firmware update using TFTP, which appeared to work but still get the same problem. I can't bwose to it nor does it appear in SADP software.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

tmazid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi corkangel76,
Thanks for the quick response. I think I have used know good cables but I'll check again, thanks for the advice.

Also, one more thing that I forgot to mention, so I'm not sure if it's relevant, so please tell me if it is?

This camera did not come with a PSU but I have a DS-7108N-SN/P NVR which has PoE ethernet ports, one port I use to power up the camera and another port is used to connect to my laptop (Windows 7) that has a static 192.0.0.128 IP address. Would this set up cause any problems?

Thanks

tmazid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi fenderman,
Thanks for the link. I wish I'd found the link before I tried to upgrade the camera.

Apologies in advance if this is a dumb question, but would this Password Utility Tool work regardless of where Camera was purchased, i.e. chinese import, etc ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi fenderman,
Thanks for the link. I wish I'd found the link before I tried to upgrade the camera.

Apologies in advance if this is a dumb question, but would this Password Utility Tool work regardless of where Camera was purchased, i.e. chinese import, etc ?
Yes it works on all hikvision cams..

tmazid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just to re-iterate, the camera did not come with a PSU but I have a DS-7108N-SN/P NVR which has PoE ethernet ports, one port I use to power up the camera and another port is used to connect to my laptop (Windows 7) that has a static 192.0.0.128 IP address. Would this set up cause any problems?

Or should I get a seperate power supply for the camera to perform the TFTP firmware upload?

Any advice from anyone?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That should work OK for the TFTP update.
But do make sure that you have the Hikvision-specific TFTP server - it says 'Hikvision TFTP Server' in the window title, and that you have the digicap.dav file in the same folder as the tftpserv.exe file.
You will need to power-cycle the camera by un-plugging and re-plugging it.

tmazid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks alastairstevenson for the speedy response, I've just checked and it does have 'Hikvsion TFTP Server' in the Windows title bar. l'll try and perform another TFTP transfer to the camera and I'll let you know the outcome, after I've tried some different RJ45 cables.