I reset my NVR Password now can't get my camera's back on

halewood

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, first post (please be patient).
As the title says I forgot my password and instead of paying £60 to a supplier I factory reset the NVR. Now I can't get the cameras back on and I think I'm going wrong in the IP adress department but I confess to being no expert. I have posted some pics of pop-up windows I'm facing.

Any help would be really, really appreciated. :)

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I factory reset the NVR. Now I can't get the cameras back on
By default in Plug&Play mode, with Hikvision NVR PoE-connected cameras, the cameras are 'Activated' at initial connection with the original (forgotten) NVR's admin password.

What models are the cameras?
What firmware version is showing for the cameras?
You may have to connect a PC to an unused NVR PoE port and use SADP to see the cameras model and firmware versions.

tone308

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi this is my first post as well. i had to do the same thing myself some time back . i did a factory reset on the nvr and for some reason it reset all the camera's passwords to the same as the new nvr password. Give that a try it may work.

halewood

n3wb
Reaction score
By default in Plug&Play mode, with Hikvision NVR PoE-connected cameras, the cameras are 'Activated' at initial connection with the original (forgotten) NVR's admin password.

What models are the cameras?
What firmware version is showing for the cameras?
You may have to connect a PC to an unused NVR PoE port and use SADP to see the cameras model and firmware versions.
Tried the SADP tool and got this - thank you for your help, I'm still without cameras.

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Tried the SADP tool and got this
That doesn't show the firmware versions of the cameras.
The intention being to determine if a 'backdoor method' can be used to retrieve the camera passwords.
What were you attempting to change?
My understanding is that you've lost the admin password for the cameras.

SADP (for PC) can be installed from here :

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
And by the way - exposing the NVR web admin page directly on the internet is asking for the NVR, and potentially the rest of your network and the data on it, to be hacked. It doesn't much matter how strong the password is.
If you need remote access - check out the many threads and posts on the use of a VPN.
As well as the helpful info on the WiKi :

halewood

n3wb
Reaction score
That doesn't show the firmware versions of the cameras.
The intention being to determine if a 'backdoor method' can be used to retrieve the camera passwords.
What were you attempting to change?
My understanding is that you've lost the admin password for the cameras.

SADP (for PC) can be installed from here :
I lost the NVR password and decided to do a 'factory reset' - I thought I could just start afresh and the cameras would auto-connect to the NVR, how wrong was I!

Thank you again

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi, first post (please be patient).
As the title says I forgot my password and instead of paying £60 to a supplier I factory reset the NVR. Now I can't get the cameras back on and I think I'm going wrong in the IP adress department but I confess to being no expert. I have posted some pics of pop-up windows I'm facing.
So you were missing the password for your NVR, and now you are missing the password for all your cameras. How did you reset the NVR to default, if you didn't have the password?

As @alastairstevenson says, with POE NVRs tha cameras are activated with the same password the NVR had. So now you are without cameras, since they are activated with a password you do not have any more. You would have to reset them to default settings, so the NVR will again activate them with the admin passwod you currently have. You might want to get on a ladder, and hope that your cameras have a reset button.

You did mess it up way worse by factory reseting the NVR... if you had access to the unit, you could have probably recovered the cameras password before that, and that would have probably been your NVRs password.