I really hate it for cops

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I just don't know anyone (in their right mind) who'd want to be a cop these days. Tough job. Yes, there are always going to be assholes in every job profession even the police force. But, for all those mostly good, dedicated and decent police officers I really hate it for them.

1706033427249.png

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I forget where I saw it just this morning now, but it was a story about some city in Calif, mebbe San Fransisco, where the starting pay was $112,000 and they can't get recruits. Only had 2 dozen in the current academy class....

Last edited:

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
They should pin a medal on Sgt Duran. The end of Duprey means that untold "future people" will not have to suffer misery because of him. Can anyone say "helmet law" in NYC?

1706047368505.png

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
The entire NYPD needs to walk off the job...they wont because of the cushy pensions....but the newbies need to walk...let the city implode.
Well, that is just it. Too many policemen are too far into their retirement plan to call it quits. They will just ride it out and retire as soon as they can.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was 14 the first time I witnessed a cop at my high school kneel on someone's neck. That type of thing leaves a lasting impression.

Most of the cops I've encountered in my life have been very professional with a handful of very notable exceptions. My experience has been that accountability for bad cops is a rare thing.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I was 14 the first time I witnessed a cop at my high school kneel on someone's neck. That type of thing leaves a lasting impression.

Most of the cops I've encountered in my life have been very professional with a handful of very notable exceptions. My experience has been that accountability for bad cops is a rare thing.
Over the last 20 years we have seen a huge shift towards accountability. Bad cops are rare, when they are discovered they are dealt with pretty harshly. Then you have situations like this and derek chauvin where they are fucked over because of a narrative pushed by race baiters and anti-cop anarchists.

Reaction score
I have always supported the men and women in Blue! I have also taught my daughters to do so as well. But it only takes one bad apple to spoil that outlook. Unfortunately, when I was pulled over by a very unprofessional police officer, my daughters witnessed all of it (nothing physical thank God). Since then however, I have convinced them that he was not the norm. Fortunately they have been witness to good, friendly LEO's that visit their schools, watch over them, and give them very good classes on drug use, crime, etc. Plus they constantly observe me shaking their hands or buying them a cup of coffee/drink as often as I can. I do appreciate the sacrifices they give on a daily basis.

It just takes one to ruin it. The 10 percenters, as we use to say. They are held to a higher standard...is it fair? Nope, but it is the nature of the job.

Last edited:

camdensnyder

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Something they do here in Kansas is the ride along program. This allows citizens to see first hand the daily life of an officer instead of watching the narratives the news stations put off in order to receive views! It’s crazy how most people that do a ride along, or multiple, chance their view on how officers really are humans like you and I and not these monsters.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Over the last 20 years we have seen a huge shift towards accountability. Bad cops are rare, when they are discovered they are dealt with pretty harshly. Then you have situations like this and derek chauvin where they are fucked over because of a narrative pushed by race baiters and anti-cop anarchists.
I don't know how you can compare this situation to Derek Chauvin. This was a split second decision, Derek leaned on George Floyd's neck for 9 minutes and slowly drained the life out of him by depriving him of oxygen. In the beginning of the event when people told Derek that George couldn't breathe, he replied that as long as George could talk he could breathe. And yet Derek continued to apply pressure to George's neck and deprived him of oxygen long after George was no longer able to speak - a clear sign that he was no longer breathing well. Don't forget that George was handcuffed at the time and didn't need to have someone pressing on his neck to the point of death in order to be restrained.

If you think Derek Chauvin was "fucked over", you really need to reconsider your look on humanity.