I need help

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I only use wall warts for powering IR illuminators. All the cameras are PoE. I'd just look for one with a real transformer and decent filtering instead. I am not actually a fan of switching supplies in the first place.

Basjke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would appreciate if someone could have a look at the below link, and explain to me.

They have a slightly more powerful version as well, which you will see at the bottom of the page.

DC UPS ZMN616

It concerns a DC UPS rated at 24W. Yet they connect multiple cameras and other appliances to it, each of them rated at 12/2A.

How is this possible? So can I connect 8 x 12V/1A cameras to it and will they function?

Also it has PoE function, but I think this won't work with my baluns, unless I maybe buy other baluns and pull an extra LAN cable

1665929482904.png

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is not a POE device.

This is for analog cameras and instead of running the typical Siamese cable from the DVR to the camera, you can run an ethernet cable between with this on either end for the analog component. If you hook a POE camera to it, it will not work.

It works well for someone adding an analog system, but wants the cabling in place to go to IP cameras later.

Basjke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is not a POE device.

This is for analog cameras and instead of running the typical Siamese cable from the DVR to the camera, you can run an ethernet cable between with this on either end for the analog component. If you hook a POE camera to it, it will not work.

It works well for someone adding an analog system, but wants the cabling in place to go to IP cameras later.
My cameras are analog.

DH-HAC-HFW2221R-Z-IRE6 - Dahua

My main concern is if I can hook up multiple cameras.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
NO - you need a set of these for each camera.

Basjke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
NO - you need a set of these for each camera.
That was also the understanding I have, but why they show this picture and these spec?

• 1 CCTV camera + router + DVR, can backup power for 12 hours

• 2 CCTV cameras + routers + DVR. Backup power for 6 - 8 hours.

• 4 CCTV cameras + routers + DVR, backup power for 3-4 hours

1665930741919.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh my bad - that UPS yes you can do more cameras, but you will need those baluns or extender cables for the analog video of every camera.

Basjke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh my bad - that UPS yes you can do more cameras, but you will need those baluns or extender cables for the analog video of every camera.
Thanks again, and I like your answer lol

The only thing I don't understand is, if it is rated 24W, how it can power 50 or 60W in appliances?

By the way, this is the version I have in mind, which is more powerful, but isn't so well documented as the lighter version.

Another question, would this solve the noise issue I have with my other power supply?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
your onscreen display is manipulated by a menu in the recorder using the PTZ and Iris - + controls. play around with the PTZ control and you can see the menu toggle up / down / left right...

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I got that by clicking around and finding out the circular "Ok" disc controls some of the On Screen Menu