I Need Help With Ispy, Please. :)

abrogard

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have two Onvif Wifi Sricams. One of them is seen by my Ispy installation on one of my computers.

The other one is seen by nothing and I am trying to set up Ispy on a second computer and use it to see it.

But I got sidetracked by the advertising and installed this Agent thing instead and couldn't find any way within it to find my cameras.

So I thought I'd go back to the other machine and see how that camera was set up. But when I got there it was still set up alright, I can see it, but there's no configuration information there that I might use to set up another one on another machine like I'm trying to do.

So I went back to the second machine and tried to uninstall this Agent thing. It doesn't appear on the desktop (win10) nor in the app list so l couldn't do that.

But I did manage to install another instance of simple old Ispy. And I tried to install my Onvif cameras on there. But I couldn't find any way to do it. There's an Onvif screen with no field for the local URL and that's it. It does list a couple of services but they aren't cameras. Clicking on them to 'select a camera' leaves the system still asking me to select a camera. Where? How?

Damned if I know how I got that other one installed. Frightened now I might lose it at any time.

Yep, I've looked at the documentation. Totally voluminous isn't it? Couldn't find a mention in it of how to install my onvif cameras.

I imagine it is such an easy thing it takes up next to no room in the docs. So can someone please tell me what it is?

Last edited:

riluxg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Uninstalling
If Agent is running as a service then stop the service (by clicking start - run and enter "services.msc". Find Agent in the list, right click it and click stop) and run agent-uninstall-service.bat in the Agent directory.
To remove Agent just delete the Agent directory (Agent is a portable application so doesn't install into the add/remove programs list in Windows). By default Agent is installed to C:\Program Files\Agent on Windows

abrogard

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for that. Got rid of it. It wasn't listed in services but I couldn't delete the files and I found it was listed in Task Manager as a couple of background processes. Stopped them and got it out. Excellent.
:)