I must not be understanding something

Reaction score
Our current LaView system stopped recording back in November. I’ve made several attempts to get help from LaView but the emails always seem to be missing steps to correct the problem. I recently picked up a Dell computer on sale. I’ve added blue iris and have been trying to add the cameras to no avai. I have read and YouTubed my self to death. I just about ready to buy all new cameras Can someone please give me some advice. thanks

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Our current LaView system stopped recording back in November. I’ve made several attempts to get help from LaView but the emails always seem to be missing steps to correct the problem. I recently picked up a Dell computer on sale. I’ve added blue iris and have been trying to add the cameras to no avai. I have read and YouTubed my self to death. I just about ready to buy all new cameras Can someone please give me some advice. thanks
Hi @Marine Sniper 62

Please share more info on the LaView kit you have:
NVR / DVR model
Camera models

Thank You

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you cameras connected to the nvr, or are they connected to a switch.
Equipment model numbers would help.
Also what are the symptoms of the nvr problem ? Can you log o to the nvr ? Can you see camera video on the nvr?

Reaction score
I’ve moved on from the Laview nvr and now have a Dell Inspiron i5-10400 and a netgear GS324PP unmanaged switch. the cameras are LV-BPK80804C 4k. The cameras are plugged into the switch from their to the router back to the computer. Hopefully that helps

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I wonder if the IP addresses were left as static or DHCP. I wonder if he can see any of that data on the NVR screen. Do you have a list of the last know IP addresses? in Blue Iris under add new camera/Find inspect/ does it show a list of cameras and IP addresses?
I wonder if he can do a hard reset on that model of Camera? I know nothing about Laview or who the underlying manufacturer is.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ve moved on from the Laview nvr and now have a Dell Inspiron i5-10400 and a netgear GS324PP unmanaged switch. the cameras are LV-BPK80804C 4k. The cameras are plugged into the switch from their to the router back to the computer. Hopefully that helps
plug the the computer and router to the switch directly. I think people have mentioned that a lot in here.

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It looks like they have an 'app' to be able to connect to a camera without a DVR

Reaction score
I have 5 LaView LV-PWR362B-U cams that I use for indoors to check on the pup. They all are using Blue Iris. The key is knowing the IP address and the password/verification code. If you do not know the IP address, you cans use the SADP Tool to find them.

Reaction score
Also, network connection: cams to switch, switch to PC, switch to router.

But you really should isolate your cam LAN from the rest of your LAN and the internet.