I might have killed my AI training PC

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I had a cup of ice water on my desk and I knocked it over and went directly in the top of the PC. Hopefully I pulled the plug quick enough, it was working when I pulled the plug. I am not going to try powering it up until tomorrow to see if I killed it

1661987609663.jpeg

Last edited:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
That sucks. You'll probably be OK. Good idea to let it dry out.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dang SenseAI is rough on the computer :lmao:

In all seriousness, I hope it didn't fry it - you have been a huge help to many of us here with your custom models and the work you have done with AI.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
I would say 80-90% of just water doused PC's come back to life.
It all depends on how long it was plugged in, and where the water went.
Pull the doors off, pull cards out, lay it all on a anti static mat or bag, then add low heat for a while.
I like to set them in the sun from a window for a day while plenty of air is blown over it.

If it's really soaked, I use alcohol to clean anything up that's really dirty, and then dry it out.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I pulled out the GPU and power supply (it had water on top of it). The I fired up my air compressor and gave the PC a good blow job. I am going to let the fan run over night. I will try powering it back up after work tomorrow.

1661993668628.jpeg

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I would personally pull it apart and give everywhere where there are traces of water a good clean with IPA (99% alcohol not beer ) else you risk getting that typical green tarnishing as the remains of the water and electricity mix.