I messed up...

Frogg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, I tried to upgrade firmware on my 5232 4k to the 20170418 firmware using the upgrade control in the nvr setup. I wanted to see if it would correct my skipped frames problem. However, after reboot the nvr is not accessible using the configtool, but is accessible using the IP address of the nvr directly. The nvr doesn't see any cameras, and trying to use the nvr upgrade to return to the 20160721 firmware doesn't work because it doesn't seem to recognize the .bin file. Some settings were retained, since my password is recognized, and I can access the nvr menu. But the nvr can't see recordings, cameras, etc. What's my best course of action at this point?

Frogg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can now access nvr from configtool, but most menu setting changes I try to input are not accepted. Network settings can't be changed, and hard drive, cams not recognized in web service. All settings, cams, etc. seem to be ok using native os, but not sure what setting to allow IE web service to control and view all features as before. Also everything works fine in chrome easy viewer, but not IE. ? So What am I Missing?
Can I safely go back to 20160721 version?

Last edited:

Frogg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Deleted and reinstalled ConfigTool, then started a new IE window, typed in the NVR IP address, and got message saying windows was blocking the access, told it to allow access, and voila! Everything works, all settings were saved, and it works like before with new version installed. Whew! Think I'll leave it alone for a while. It's no fun when when you do something wrong, not sure what you did wrong, and then not sure how you fixed it, LOL.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Glad to hear you made it. With Cameras and Nvr's and windows its always good to re boot after changes. With the NEW firmware, windows(IE) had to load the new plug in first, and as most users know who have been around this stuff, you would think you were loading a time bomb on your PC for the amount of times you have to say YES to the prompts to get the sucker loaded. Glad all went well.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
When I did the upgrade I was thrown off by the NVR having to do a couple of reboots before the whole job was done. On one reboot when I thought it was finished everything came up in Chinese. Thought I was hosed at that point.